Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LCD/Car slow to wake/respond after 2022.36.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 36.2 two days ago and love all the new features/improvements it offers, but now the LCD takes about 10+ seconds to come on after opening the door, then it takes several more seconds before the brake pedal tap works.

I tried a soft reset and a hard reboot and that didn't fix it. Thoughts?

Just adding a data point (ok two data points). Saw your post Friday, observed display performance throughout the weekend. We're running 2022.36.2 on both cars right now (2022 M3P, 2022 MYP). No noticeable screen lag when getting in either car. Didn't do anything beyond normal update (no forced reboots).

Settings-wise: sentry mode disabled at home, as the cars are in a garage. When unlocking outside, or opening door while unlocked/no-sentry, same thing - screen just insta-lights.

I realize this probably doesn't help diagnose the issue you're having, but... at least it's not looking like a global issue.

Since my model Y was upgraded to 2022.36.2 now the touch screen does not work on starting the car, the only way out is a reboot and having to do this everytime is getting annoying. I took it Tesla and demonstrated the problem and they confirm this is unusual and they are not aware of this issue. They then formatted the USB storage and re-sent 2022.36.2 This was downloaded and car updated again on the same version. The problem still persists and problem is not fixed touch screen does not work until a full reboot. Is anyone having same issues or know what else to try.

Reactions: bfayer62
Since my model Y was upgraded to 2022.36.2 now the touch screen does not work on starting the car, the only way out is a reboot and having to do this everytime is getting annoying. I took it Tesla and demonstrated the problem and they confirm this is unusual and they are not aware of this issue. They then formatted the USB storage and re-sent 2022.36.2 This was downloaded and car updated again on the same version. The problem still persists and problem is not fixed touch screen does not work until a full reboot. Is anyone having same issues or know what else to try.
Same thing on mine. I was updated to 2022.40.1 last night, and still the same issue.

Works fine after a reboot.

Tesla told me it's a known issue and they are working on it.

Thanks for replying and confirming this problem is being experienced by many others. One thing I have observed when returning to the car after a short period say 15mins then issue does not occur, only when you return after few hours the touch screen is not responsive and needs a reboot.
Telsa really needs to fix this soon as it's getting very frustrating having to reboot your car everytime you want to drive.

Reactions: bfayer62