Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor LDCRS Model Y Front Trunk/Rear Trunk/Rear Sub Trunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you guys want a pic of what it looks like after I removed the tag and thread, I can do that.
So just got my mats. I was very impressed with the all weather front and rear mats but It isn’t the same feel as the all weather front and rear mats but definitely made of high quality. My trunk mat had a very foul smell hopefully that goes away. I also wasn’t too impressed with the fitment on the trunk as it extends too far out where the trunk ends as shown in pic. It sits too far out and not flush, thankfully the trunk still closes. Not sure if that’s normal. Quality is great though , just wish it was a better fit given the price
590BAE8C-D6C6-4CE8-B22B-8232C559EC68.jpeg
5A759FB6-AC9F-46C2-871E-E9D38E033F2F.jpeg

Last edited:
For those who have received the new mats, our goal was to have the same look, feel and quality as our floor mats. However due to the material and quality the price point is higher than some competitors offerings. Is there a preference for the trunk mats to be the same material? We can design other trunk mats with a thinner material, similar to the flexible floor mats which would decrease the price point, but just wanted to post here if there was any preference for the trunk/frunk mats specifically. Thanks!
I prefer them being the same material. Part of that for me is that sound dampening, which I think they do actually help reduce the road noise. So I vote no on the thinner option. But I'm not sure they are the same. They feel thinner and more flexible. Here is a picture of an in-cabin floor mat on top of the trunk mat:

1659577921056.png

It looks to me like the trunk mat is much thinner.

I would however vote to remove the stitched on tag, I think it looks cheap, especially when it isn't stitched on straight.

As much as I like the mats, and the discount I got, if I can still smell them after a few days when walking by my car I'll be forced to return them. (The air coming out around the charge port, when the cabin overheat protection feature is running the fan.) The in-cabin floor mats just didn't have any smell that I could identify.

Thank you all for the valuable feedback, we are here to help all who have questions or have issues. We stand by all of our products and will do our best to address any concerns. Please do not hesitate to contact us by any means, on this thread, by DM or email! We take all feedback seriously and will make adjustments as necessary going forward.

Thanks,
LDCRS

So just got my mats. I was very impressed with the all weather front and rear mats but It isn’t the same feel as the all weather front and rear mats but definitely made of high quality. My trunk mat had a very foul smell hopefully that goes away. I also wasn’t too impressed with the fitment on the trunk as it extends too far out where the trunk ends as shown in pic. It sits too far out and not flush, thankfully the trunk still closes. Not sure if that’s normal. Quality is great though , just wish it was a better fit given the priceView attachment 836373View attachment 836372
@ldcrsmode could you tell me if this is normal. The fitment is not flush. It leaks at the front where trunk closes. Thanks.

@ldcrsmode could you tell me if this is normal. The fitment is not flush. It leaks at the front where trunk closes. Thanks.
Happy to help, can you help us understand what you mean by "leaks" at the front? As for the fitment, in the picture you provided it looks like there is an ever so slight overhang on the lip near the trunk opening. It should not interfere with the trunk opening/closing however, what we would try is to reposition the mats by lifting them up, positioning them slightly closer to the rear seats to see if the slight overhang is due to initial positioning.

Happy to help, can you help us understand what you mean by "leaks" at the front? As for the fitment, in the picture you provided it looks like there is an ever so slight overhang on the lip near the trunk opening. It should not interfere with the trunk opening/closing however, what we would try is to reposition the mats by lifting them up, positioning them slightly closer to the rear seats to see if the slight overhang is due to initial positioning.
I tried repositioning. It’s as close as it will get to the rear seat before it starts to crease and fold. Yes the overhang is abnormal which is what I was referring to.

I tried repositioning. It’s as close as it will get to the rear seat before it starts to crease and fold. Yes the overhang is abnormal which is what I was referring to.
From the pictures it seems up to spec when comparing your pictures to our Model Y and the other members pictures posted. Ultimately we are here to provide you the best customer service along side our products, if you are not completely satisfied we’ll be happy to offer you a replacement or refund. If you’d like to proceed with either, send us a DM with your Amazon order number and we’ll help make things right.

Thanks,
Ian
LDCRS

From the pictures it seems up to spec when comparing your pictures to our Model Y and the other members pictures posted. Ultimately we are here to provide you the best customer service along side our products, if you are not completely satisfied we’ll be happy to offer you a replacement or refund. If you’d like to proceed with either, send us a DM with your Amazon order number and we’ll help make things right.

Thanks,
Ian
LDCRS
It’s not a huge issue was just curious if others overhangs the same way. I am, however concerned about the smell

It’s not a huge issue was just curious if others overhangs the same way. I am, however concerned about the smell
Got into my car this morning and the smell from the Trunk Mat is just extremely putrid. It is very strong 18 hours after sitting in my car. Unfortunately, if the smell does not go away by end of day today I'll have to return the mat. Pretty disappointing as the other floor mats from LDCRS did not have this smell. It almost smells rotten but this is probably a no go for me sadly.

Got into my car this morning and the smell from the Trunk Mat is just extremely putrid. It is very strong 18 hours after sitting in my car. Unfortunately, if the smell does not go away by end of day today I'll have to return the mat. Pretty disappointing as the other floor mats from LDCRS did not have this smell. It almost smells rotten but this is probably a no go for me sadly.
We're sorry you're experiencing that with the trunk mat as that should not be the case. Keep us updated and we can assist you further if needed.

Reactions: Triplem086
I prefer them being the same material. Part of that for me is that sound dampening, which I think they do actually help reduce the road noise. So I vote no on the thinner option. But I'm not sure they are the same. They feel thinner and more flexible. Here is a picture of an in-cabin floor mat on top of the trunk mat:

View attachment 836396
It looks to me like the trunk mat is much thinner.

I would however vote to remove the stitched on tag, I think it looks cheap, especially when it isn't stitched on straight.

As much as I like the mats, and the discount I got, if I can still smell them after a few days when walking by my car I'll be forced to return them. (The air coming out around the charge port, when the cabin overheat protection feature is running the fan.) The in-cabin floor mats just didn't have any smell that I could identify.
@MP3Mike Did your smell go away?

@MP3Mike Did your smell go away?
Not completely. It isn't as bad today, but it seems to come out mostly when heated, and today is much cooler than yesterday. (I put one mat in the sun and after a few minutes it started making more odor.)

And in my case it is all three of the new mats: trunk, sub-trunk, and frunk. Today it smells more like a tire shop, where initially it smelled more offensive. (The three in-cabin mats have never had any smell/odor that I could detect.)

Not completely. It isn't as bad today, but it seems to come out mostly when heated, and today is much cooler than yesterday. (I put one mat in the sun and after a few minutes it started making more odor.)

And in my case it is all three of the new mats: trunk, sub-trunk, and frunk. Today it smells more like a tire shop, where initially it smelled more offensive. (The three in-cabin mats have never had any smell/odor that I could detect.)
I live in Texas and the heat is excruciating here. When I got back to my car after work due to heat the smell was so bad I got a headache. Took it out when I got home for now to air out outside. Let’s see tomorrow

I'm extremely annoyed. I took out the Trunk mat over 12 hours ago and when I got in my car this morning that strong smell is still in there. Now I need to figure out how to get rid of it, it's bizarre and frustrating.
Again our sincere apologies this has been your experience. We hope that the replacement set we are sending out will resolve your issues.

Just got mine last night....unpacked it this morning and no smell at all...left it out of package for around 3 hours just to see if anything smell would conjure up but nothing. Installed the mat in the trunk, it was 100+ today here in socal. Happy to report, no odors after out in the sun.

Reactions: ldcrsmode