Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LDCRS vs Tesla Shields Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UPDATE from the LDCRS end:

2021 samples are being sent to us from our manufacturing team, we will test fit within a week to give the okay on mass production. We will update when we test fit w/ pictures and when we expect the shipment to arrive in Amazon! We are close and thank you for your patience!

Do we have any 2021 Model Y owners in Arizona (Phoenix Metro) who would be interested in allowing us to test fit in their 2021 Model Y? We can offer free floor mats to the volunteer.

- Ian
LDCRS

Last edited:
I ordered back in January, I think it was. At that time we were told we'd receive the mats in March, if I remember correctly.

Now we're looking at July?

There have been many times when I tired of the reasons (excuses) for why the mats were delayed and I considered asking for a refund. At this point, however, it's been such a ride that I'm staying in. The way I see it, if this does turn out to be a scam, it's been a fun one. Factory delays, measurement errors, shipping delays, customs, car crashes - it's had everything. I'm waiting now to see if the building collapse in Miami (God bless them) destroyed all the shipping records.

If I do get the mats, then I hope I like them and if the orders are satisfied, then good luck in your future business. I hope the process gets smoother because I have to say, this is a sucky business model. Most times when I order something, my credit card is not charged until the item ships. I know it's considered "normal" for some businesses to sell items they don't have, pre-charge the credit cards, and use the money paid to produce the items for delivery. I guess the process is usually invisible, because my credit card is charged and a week later I get the item. But seven months? I think if I had started paddling my kayak to China I would have gotten my mats and been back before now.
You ever order from Kickstarter?

2021 samples are being sent to us from our manufacturing team, we will test fit within a week to give the okay on mass production. We will update when we test fit w/ pictures and when we expect the shipment to arrive in Amazon! We are close and thank you for your patience!

Do we have any 2021 Model Y owners who would be interested in allowing us to test fit in their 2021 Model Y? We can offer free floor mats to the volunteer.

- Ian
LDCRS
Nice! Congrats on the progress!

Reactions: ldcrsmode
I ordered back in January, I think it was. At that time we were told we'd receive the mats in March, if I remember correctly.

Now we're looking at July?

There have been many times when I tired of the reasons (excuses) for why the mats were delayed and I considered asking for a refund. At this point, however, it's been such a ride that I'm staying in. The way I see it, if this does turn out to be a scam, it's been a fun one. Factory delays, measurement errors, shipping delays, customs, car crashes - it's had everything. I'm waiting now to see if the building collapse in Miami (God bless them) destroyed all the shipping records.

If I do get the mats, then I hope I like them and if the orders are satisfied, then good luck in your future business. I hope the process gets smoother because I have to say, this is a sucky business model. Most times when I order something, my credit card is not charged until the item ships. I know it's considered "normal" for some businesses to sell items they don't have, pre-charge the credit cards, and use the money paid to produce the items for delivery. I guess the process is usually invisible, because my credit card is charged and a week later I get the item. But seven months? I think if I had started paddling my kayak to China I would have gotten my mats and been back before now.
Building collapse to get rid of the evidence... how did you know?
I have the same mindset with preorders, this is why I wanted them to be as cheap as possible. You're basically giving us a loan to let us get our stuff done, so you should be rewarded properly for that. I feel like the major issues regarding our preorder system has been the poor communication in regards to timeframes and expectations, which I think everyone in our company is now better educated on providing *nudge nudge*. If we could afford it, we'd offer everyone who stuck with us a better discount, but it's just not possible currently. If I may be so bold as to say, despite all these delays, we're still one of the first (if not the first?) to actually get these mats to market at this rate, so at the end of the day, you still won out!

Come to think of it, if we sold these things at $400/mat, we could just have air shipped everyone their order weeks ago. Any takers?! 🤔

Last edited:
Building collapse to get rid of the evidence... how did you know?
I have the same mindset with preorders, this is why I wanted them to be as cheap as possible. You're basically giving us a loan to let us get our stuff done, so you should be rewarded properly for that. I feel like the major issues regarding our preorder system has been the poor communication in regards to timeframes and expectations, which I think everyone in our company is now better educated on providing *nudge nudge*. If we could afford it, we'd offer everyone who stuck with us a better discount, but it's just not possible currently. If I may be so bold as to say, despite all these delays, we're still one of the first (if not the first?) to actually get these mats to market at this rate, so at the end of the day, you still won out!

Come to think of it, if we sold these things at $400/mat, we could just have air shipped everyone their order weeks ago. Any takers?! 🤔
If we get enough interest we could make this a listing on our site.

The frunk mat is straight forward. The 7-seater trunk mat is also technically just a cut-down 5 seater version. We can do those pretty much immediately production-wise. I'm working to design a full trunk/3rd row setup and I am pretty sure I've finalized how I want to achieve that.

The set will consist of 3 parts:
Frunk mat
Trunk mat
3rd row Seatback replacement that is finished in our all-weather material instead of that felt that tesla uses.

If you guys just want me to do a cut-down 5 seater version up front until I can get production started on the seatback replacement, I'm down for that!
I think either detachable or foldable 3rd row but I can see longevity issue if you fold it often it could break. Or create samples of both and see which stands out. But if it takes as long as the front mats, it'll literally take another 5-6 months before you get your first phase of the preorder.

I think either detachable or foldable 3rd row but I can see longevity issue if you fold it often it could break. Or create samples of both and see which stands out. But if it takes as long as the front mats, it'll literally take another 5-6 months before you get your first phase of the preorder.
It really is quite a process getting things done right. I'm not one for throwing stuff on the market to see if it sticks.

Guys, I’m just gonna be happy when I get my mats. If you can’t figure out the third row thing, that’s fine. Just go back and see my earlier post about getting a mat for the trunk/frunk inatead. I grew up in Seattle and still like to think I’m pretty chill about some things (even though now I live on the east coast where everyone is so f***ing in a hurry it kills me, almost literally everyday when I drive to work)

Reactions: cancoi
Guys, I’m just gonna be happy when I get my mats. If you can’t figure out the third row thing, that’s fine. Just go back and see my earlier post about getting a mat for the trunk/frunk inatead. I grew up in Seattle and still like to think I’m pretty chill about some things (even though now I live on the east coast where everyone is so f***ing in a hurry it kills me, almost literally everyday when I drive to work)
So I actually just sent word to our factory to create the final mold for the 7 seater trunk. We are working on a "crazier" system for the back of the 3rd row to replace the stock back (the felt part). It's removable and we think we can make a swap-in part that will be that back piece using our all weather material instead. See attached for the piece I am talking about. It uses a number of pegs to mount to the seats, and all we gotta do is make our own version. This solves the fit issue entirely.

We also recieved a scan of the un-modified section directly beneath the 3rd row floor and are planning to use that to give us the accuracy we need without dropping $30k on a custom scanning solution.

Lots of good stuff coming!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-112535_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210630-112535_Gmail.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20210623_155715_01.jpg
    IMG_20210623_155715_01.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 64
So I actually just sent word to our factory to create the final mold for the 7 seater trunk. We are working on a "crazier" system for the back of the 3rd row to replace the stock back (the felt part). It's removable and we think we can make a swap-in part that will be that back piece using our all weather material instead. See attached for the piece I am talking about. It uses a number of pegs to mount to the seats, and all we gotta do is make our own version. This solves the fit issue entirely.

We also recieved a scan of the un-modified section directly beneath the 3rd row floor and are planning to use that to give us the accuracy we need without dropping $30k on a custom scanning solution.

Lots of good stuff coming!
For the trunk, I don't think I would want to remove anything on the third row themselves. I would rather have something over it.

For the trunk, I don't think I would want to remove anything on the third row themselves. I would rather have something over it.
I agree with you, but the issue is that a large chunk of the back of the 3rd row goes underneath the floor panel in the seat-up position, and the floor panel fits snugly against the back of the 3rd row. It's so snug that it leaves a line/mark on the felt on the seat-back where the floor panel rests against the seat. This means it's theoretically not possible to cover a large portion of the 3rd row seat back in the "seat down" configuration with the same mat that would only cover the smaller portion exposed in "seat up" without removing a chunk of the floor panel or embedding the mat into the current seat dimensions.

The options are as follows based on what I can figure:

1. A replacement seat-back designed for all weather that is permenantly attached and relatively low effort to install
2. A temporary mat that is placed over the exposed section when the seats are down, possibly stored inside the trunk area or in the under trunk-panel stow area when seats are up
3. A modified 5-seater mat design that is stored separately and placed whenever you want full trunk coverage

I may be looking too closely at this and missing a simpler option, so I am open to suggestions!

Last edited:
Reactions: tshields
I agree with you, but the issue is that a large chunk of the back of the 3rd row goes underneath the floor panel in the seat-up position, and the floor panel fits snugly against the back of the 3rd row. It's so snug that it leaves a line/mark on the felt on the seat-back where the floor panel rests against the seat. This means it's theoretically not possible to cover a large portion of the 3rd row seat back in the "seat down" configuration with the same mat that would only cover the smaller portion exposed in "seat up" without removing a chunk of the floor panel or embedding the mat into the current seat dimensions.

The options are as follows based on what I can figure:

1. A replacement seat-back designed for all weather that is permenantly attached and relatively low effort to install
2. A temporary mat that is placed over the exposed section when the seats are down, possibly stored inside the trunk area or in the under trunk-panel stow area when seats are up
3. A modified 5-seater mat design that is stored separately and placed whenever you want full trunk coverage

I may be looking too closely at this and missing a simpler option, so I am open to suggestions!
Myself, i wouldn't mine option 1. With the trunk mats in all the time anyways i wouldn't notice a seat back replacement

Myself, i wouldn't mine option 1. With the trunk mats in all the time anyways i wouldn't notice a seat back replacement
It's probably the best way to go about it. We can create a mat that can be placed in to supplement the 7 seater trunk piece itself with the 3rd row down, but I am not sure how customers would like to have to put in and take out something constantly.
For guys that have such difficulties with supply chain, I'd worry that any R&D efforts would be beyond your skill set.
Ah yes, international shipping and manufacturing during a pandemic and designing products are identical skillsets and are obviously the same exact thing. Very insightful.

Do we have any 2021 Model Y owners in Arizona (Phoenix Metro) who would be interested in allowing us to test fit in their 2021 Model Y? We can offer free floor mats to the volunteer.

- Ian
LDCRS
Mesa Az here MY 7seat