TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

LED Dome Lights?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by theslimshadyist, Dec 1, 2016.

1. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

For those of you who recently took delivery on a car with PUP, do your dome lights appear to be more of an amber or yellow'ish tint instead of a brighter white? Mine def look more like the color of a traditional bulb. The ambient lighting in the door panels are definitely a clean whiter colored hue but my dome lights look like crap.

2. DJung

DJung Member

#2 DJung, Dec 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
    Tesla changed the dome light from the cooler bluish white color to the warmer yellow color when they shipped the P85Ds back in December of 2014. They've been yellow ever since.

Old Pre-December 2014 Lights:
    [​IMG]

New Dome Lights:

3. steve841

steve841 Active Member

Sad ... I prefer the whiter light.

4. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 17.32.6ca28227

5. theslimshadyist

I ordered that kit, 2 of them actually and have them on hand but they aren't for the dome lights. Puddle, footwells, frunk, trunk, and glove box. :(

6. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 17.32.6ca28227

#6 MorrisonHiker, Dec 2, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
    Oops, didn't realize that. I checked with my friend who updated all of his other interior lights. He confirmed that he hasn't found replacements for the dome lights yet.

I'll probably be updating my other lights with the Abstract Ocean bulbs later this month.

• Like x 1
  7. Boourns

Boourns Member

That's a bummer. I may not have autopilot, but at least I have white dome lights and cup holder pinchers!

• Like x 2
  8. theslimshadyist

I don't currently have AP, TACC, lane assist, auto headlights, etc. but I'm truly enjoying the car!