TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Left Mirror does not fully open

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Robertus, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Robertus

Robertus New Member

In most cases the leeft mirror stuck and does not fully open

2. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

I had this problem with my Model S. In most cases, it would get stuck about 1/2 - 1 inch shy of the fully extended position. I would have to manually push it the rest of the way out. After raising the concern with my service center, they replaced the motor in the housing (I believe), but whatever they did fixed the problem.

3. supratachophobia

supratachophobia Active Member

Give you local service center a quick call.

4. Steve Nugent

Steve Nugent Member

If you hit the mirror control button to pull it in a little and then out, it will usually fully deploy. Mine does this sometimes as well. I will ask for a new motor unit whenI'm in t he service center next time.

5. twizforpros

twizforpros New Member

I took delivery a couple of weeks ago and have the same issue (left side). Service center is too far to drive to fix just this. Any chance I'll do damage if I don't take it in straightaway?

6. twizforpros

twizforpros New Member

UPDATE: Did re-boot on advice of support e-mail this morning when I disconnected the charger cable. After re-boot I used the mirror button to fold in and then fold out, and the mirror extended fully. Will see during the day if the fix was permanent.

7. twizforpros

twizforpros New Member

Wow! - Local (Dallas) Tesla service center just called to follow up on e-mail, Impressive.