Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

left-rear wheel grindy noise accelerating through left or right curve

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experienced a left-rear wheel grindy noise when accelerating hard through a left or right hand turn/curve? Sounds like a plastic flap grinding up against the tire or rim. I haven't tried to recreate it at will but I've had this happen to me a few times now and thought I'd ask if anyone else had experienced it?

Anyone else experienced a left-rear wheel grindy noise when accelerating hard through a left or right hand turn/curve? Sounds like a plastic flap grinding up against the tire or rim. I haven't tried to recreate it at will but I've had this happen to me a few times now and thought I'd ask if anyone else had experienced it?

Sounds like traction control to me (the grinding is your brakes being applied to keep your wheel from spinning). I've had it a couple times on the S in my first week and many times on my old BMW.

Sounds like traction control to me (the grinding is your brakes being applied to keep your wheel from spinning). I've had it a couple times on the S in my first week and many times on my old BMW.

Ah! that's gotta be it! Been so long since I had car capable of this much torque. The last car I had that had this much torque didn't have access to the brakes for TC. Reminds me of the first few times using ABS brakes. Thanks!