Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Leicester Owners Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Out of interest did you see how many 7kw they have installed?
Looks like 5 to 6 stands (might be 2 on each?)

They look like these by chargemaster:

Charger type.JPG

Reactions: m3gt2
Pretty awful location as a Motorway charging stop. In rush hour it can take you 20 minutes+ to get back onto the M1 from Fosse park. Even than J21/21A is often congested due to the M69 link, so you might end up wasting another 10 mintues getting into the right lane.

Shame they couldn't have put it at the actual services. Better than nothing, but I doubt I'll ever use them even though as the crow flies its not that far from me and we have 'free for life' Supercharging.

As I said earlier, almost certainly due to our "Eco Warrior" Dale Vince hogging motorway services with his ancient "Rapids" that have again put EV sales back after that ITV report last night. No mention of home charging at all either.

Reactions: gangzoom and m3gt2
V3 then. Only one cable. Tesla really are leaving existing S and X owners in the cold with all new installs using CCS only leads.
I know the upgrade is reletively low cost but still a bind needing more than an adapter.

Not sure I can speak for all exisiting S and X owners but I didn't find it a 'bind' at all! £180.00 and a couple of hours spent at the SC, wasn't an issue, I wasn't doing much anyway..... Far from being left out in the cold, we are now in from the cold being that we can continue to use Type2 and now CCS and everywhere, where as we couldn't before. Thanks,Tesla for making that upgrade available. Although, I prefer to use the the Tesla Superchargers as they are quick and for some of us Free For Life. Hopefully, it shouldn't take too long to get that £180.00 back.
Thanks for your concern.

Reactions: DocA and Rustybkts
As I said earlier, almost certainly due to our "Eco Warrior" Dale Vince hogging motorway services with his ancient "Rapids" that have again put EV sales back after that ITV report last night. No mention of home charging at all either.

Frustrating isn't it, the excuse was there was not enough power supply going to 21/21A for superchargers, but clearly there is given this site cannot be more than 1-2 miles down the road.

Anyone hoping for a quick slash and dash on the way the M1 will be disappointed, from memory there aren't even any toilets near there. It turns would would have been a very easy stop at the services into a navigation exercise of one way roads around Fosse park, which even today I struggle with.......Lets hope FSD when it finally comes can work out how to get there and back on the M1 :).

Imagine someone from London heading up north during a normal Xmas period and planning to charge there......
This would so be me had I not been a member of this forum.

I need to get off at 21a and thought this was perfect. I stop by the superchargers by MK, which is a bit premature when I still have circa 30-40ish%.

What do I need to know about this site...

This would so be me had I not been a member of this forum.

I need to get off at 21a and thought this was perfect. I stop by the superchargers by MK, which is a bit premature when I still have circa 30-40ish%.

What do I need to know about this site...

Site will have great facilities. The problem lies with a terrible layout that causes huge ques to form outside fosse park. With the recent extension to the shopping center we're just expecting it to be even worse

Reactions: s88ats