Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LFP Battery SuC Rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Given all the news today about changes to build specs on the SR+, soon to be Model 3. I was wondering if anyone has any info on the SuC speeds for the LFP battery. I recall that the charge time for 20 - 80% is slower with the newer battery but would appreciate if someone could validate that statement.

I placed an order for an SR+ in mid October but have an EDD of Feb. I’m miffed with all the changes vs what I ordered and considering pulling the plug. 🤪

Cheers

From what I see of the changed specs the 2022 car will perform day to day like a 2021. I’d have been quite happy if they’d added 10% range and extra battery to my order, even with the 0.5s drop in performance. The LFP battery charged very well, as you’ll see from this comparison. It does want to be pre conditioned for optimal speeds.

I’d have been quite happy if they’d added 10% range and extra battery to my order, even with the 0.5s drop in performance.
Dont forget the extra £1000 😆

This might not apply to you by the looks of it but to put it into context for those which it matters. That 0.5 performance is apparently worth £1500 hence in view of that its 2.5k "in the red" . My best way to describe this is that the previous iterations, specially LFP has just had its price go up by £1500.

Its a bit of a glass half full sort of affair depending on who you ask to be fair.

I’d be interested to see what the V5s of the new cars show as the power output. My 2021 SR+ LFP is 239kw or 320bhp.

Yes that would be interesting but I dont think it would matter (insurers might have a different view) since both are limited to 140mph. Essentially, you are up on torque which is the sweet spot imho since top ends (legality aside) are not half as useful and useable (besides pub talk).