Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime Wh/mi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you press and hold either left or right scroll wheel, you can choose to display the energy consumption on either left/right side of the dash, respectively. It will show you the recent consumption (last 30 mi), since last charge and total.

I've set one of my Trip meters as my lifetime meter. I've never reset it since purchase and never will so as long as that stays true, I have a lifetime reading of Wh/Mi. I lose the ability of a 2nd trip meter, but thats not a big deal to me since I hardly use the 1.

Reactions: JHWJR
I chose to display Trip A (that I never reset), so it is only a few miles off the ODO reading.

In my case then Total = Trip A. It's good enough for me, but YMMV.

Edit: Looks like you have already came to the same conclusions while I was writing this reply :)

Hi. On the touchscreen if you go to "Controls > Trips", you should see the Lifetime Wh/mi number. I thought after Tesla added Lifetime to this page, it was no longer needed to assign Trip A or B to Lifetime Wh/mi.

I've set one of my Trip meters as my lifetime meter. I've never reset it since purchase and never will so as long as that stays true, I have a lifetime reading of Wh/Mi. I lose the ability of a 2nd trip meter, but thats not a big deal to me since I hardly use the 1.
That is what I do.

Hi. On the touchscreen if you go to "Controls > Trips", you should see the Lifetime Wh/mi number. I thought after Tesla added Lifetime to this page, it was no longer needed to assign Trip A or B to Lifetime Wh/mi.
I do not see a "Lifetime" setting in Controls>Trips. I am running the latest firmware release 2017.40.1 e29b97f

I have never heard of a "Lifetime" odometer setting in my nearly 4 years of Tesla ownership.

The only way to know your energy usage over the life of your Tesla is to do as @boelkers and others have noted.

I just changed it on my car:

IMG_3063.JPG IMG_3064.JPG

By the way, you can rename the labels that show up in blue.

• Informative
Reactions: Troy
I re-named Trip A to "Lifetime" which is 15 miles less than the odometer, re-named Trip B to "Wheels" to record how many miles I have on the current set of tires.The other two defaults for since last charge and since whatever time serve my needs for trip data.