Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LIftgate glass contacted body during closing, cracked glass, warranty refused!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My roof (top) glass in my 3 month old Model S developed a crack along the edge above the passenger. Not sure how it happened, but it was NOT from an exterior impact (it was only visible from the inside). Tesla was cool about it an replaced it under warranty. :)

Agree with the previous comment about excellent service before the model 3. I use to tell anyone who would listen how great they were. Now the service is terrible. Now they try to force you to do everything through the app, that does not work for every issue. They deny blatantly obvious issues under warranty. They are disrespectful to their customers and waste their time. I have recovered from fanitis, amazingly there are still fanbois despite the issues. The fanbois act like its your fault and not Tesla regardless of facts. One a side note Safelite used oem glass on my truck and did the work in my garage. They did a great job and were polite. They left the truck and garage cleaner where they worked then when they started.

Similar to this. When u call in‚ send a bug report from the car or email an issue‚ there are no acknowledgements or any other means provided to you to track progress. This is not how defect tracking is expected to work in a tech company.

These are systemic issues indicative of poor focus on customer satisfaction.

Elon thinks he single handedly quashed the shortsellers by managing financial projections. But he ignores the fact that the financial projections were made possible solely because of the enthusiasm and brand loyalty that WE created for the future Model3 owners.

Indeed... Very poor customer satisfaction (and QC quality). My best experience is with Toyota so far... Tesla experience is very bad. This is going to be my first and last Tesla. Waiting for Toyota or Lexus to come out with EV, will wait 3 years and switch...

I have exactly the same crack on my 10mth old 2022 Model S - see pics. Did you ever get the warranty honored?

Attachments

• glass.jpg
    glass.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 57