Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light headliner is gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fairly recently, Tesla seems to have gotten rid of the light headliner in Models S/X. My June 2019 build Model X with cream interior has a white headliner, but the configurator now shows that with all interiors (including cream), you get a black headliner.

I'm a little bummed about this, as I really like the light headliner. First they got rid of black seats/light headliner, now cream comes with a black headliner as well.

The price of simplicity, I guess. Glad I ordered the X when I did.

The lighter colored headliner is the reason I got the cream interior instead of the white. I liked the white seats, looked really rich and classy but I did not like the black everywhere else. Too much black for my taste. I love the cream interior and the lighter side of headliner and other trim. I too am glad I ordered the X when I did (late April got the Raven in red).

The headliner isn't the only thing gone.. apparently on the 6 seater, you also have no tracks when you go with cream!

Haha/Oops::
2019-07-28.png

I guess you're getting fixed monopost seats!

Unless you go white or black:
2019-07-28.png

2019-07-28.png

Agree. Agree. Agree. Got my Blue Raven the end of July with cream seat and it came with the cream headliner, so it must have happened just recently. Black is so confining and it darkens the cabin with a claustrophobic feel. Why have a beautiful open windshield and descend into the depths of black. I have found there are so many reasons to like my 2016 better. Glad the headliner isn't one of them.

Reactions: Dr. McKay
I have the light headliner in the 2013 S. You just can't clean it once soiled. Love the grey seats though. Not a funny cream colour, but not dark and not white.