Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

light hearted request... your car name? - and why

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our cars (and minivan) all had names/plates of the /dev/carN (slashes not actually used since too many systems barf at those) where N is a number. When we got the model 3 my wife pointed out that we shuffle the names so that it became devcar3 and the RAV4 got the new plate/name devcar4.

Oh for the Unix nerds, they're all called /dev/car (versus say /dev/van when we had van) because they all use the same driver. Properly the first car should have been devcar0 but CA doesn't allow the number zero in vanity plates (and I didn't think to use the letter O in its place at the time).

• Love
Reactions: camalaio
I’m never going to own a Testarossa but my red TM3 is named Teslarossa.

I have another name in case I get a second Tesla at sometime. I have dibs on the name, so no one else can use it. :)

The next name is “Smooth Operator”. It’s from the Sade song and the line, “Minimum waste; maximum joy.”

I used to sing that song with altered words to reflect my occupation for a while -
no need to ask he's a boom operator...

Blue Bayou.....started out as Blew by you but wanted to be cute and came across this baseball reference

“Because of this song, Dickson's Baseball Dictionary records that a "Linda Ronstadt" is a synonym for a fastball, a pitch that "blew by you". That phrase was coined by Mets broadcaster Tim McCarver, during a Mets telecast in the '80s”

White Lightning after the George Jones song.

“Well I asked my old pappy why he called his brew
White lightning stead of mountain dew
I took a little sip and right away I knew
As my eyes bugged out and my face turned blue
Lightnin' started flashin thunder started clashin' (whew white Lightning)