Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Light show sequences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Loaded the example sequence. Any sequences can be uploaded here.

The example sequence uses a 30 second elevator music bosa nova music file.
20211224_115715.jpg

Last edited:
I'm writing a sequence for multiple Teslas. Does anyone know if sychronizing is even worth attempting?
Given the very limited resources, it seems to be unlikely to do a show lasting the full 5 minutes Tesla allows (in theory).
My "Wizards In Winter" show has a sequence lasting 3 seconds and eating away more than 15% of the resources.

That being said, synchronizing multiple Teslas seems to be the way to go for a full and rich show lasting 3 to 5 minutes.

On my wish list would be something to help synchronizing - for example allowing to remotely start the show from the app rather than having to close the door. Sharing the audio via BT from a single source also would be a nice feature with multiple cars.

Given the very limited resources, it seems to be unlikely to do a show lasting the full 5 minutes Tesla allows (in theory).
My "Wizards In Winter" show has a sequence lasting 3 seconds and eating away more than 15% of the resources.
There are some tricks to drastically reduce resources. Use the validator through trial and error saves you time. I'll document my findings when I have an opportunity.

Here is my latest attempt with the more complex sequence using 99% resources:

Reactions: M109Rider
There are some tricks to drastically reduce resources. Use the validator through trial and error saves you time.

You are limited to a total of 681 commands, regardless of the length of the show.

A show lasting 5 minutes has 300 seconds which means you get 2.27 commands per second on average for that 5-minute show.

The validator can't change that.

Interesting however is that you say your show uses 99% resources according to the validator.
My own testing has shown that at least for my M3LR the car refuses any sequence using more than about 94%.