Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T Pre-order List

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw, does the Oznium remote you suggest remember its power on/off status when the 12v is restored? In other words, I'd like to hook the circuit up to a 12v source that is switched (accessory feed) and use the Oznium remote to set the brightness level, but then have the whole thing turn on or off according to the car's accessory on ("ignition") status? If I understand correctly the Oznium system remembers its own brightness or strobe settings when you turn it on or off, but the Oznium itself needs to be turned on or off using the remote. Will the Oznium turn on and off using just the 12v accessory on/off status, without me remembering to use the remote every time?

Alternatively is there a way to just set the LED brightness and have the T simply switch on and off with the 12v accessory circuit?
Ditto on the questions. The mod is uber cool, but I'd want it to basically behave like the daytime running lights: on when the car is on. Or is that already how it works?

Ditto on the questions. The mod is uber cool, but I'd want it to basically behave like the daytime running lights: on when the car is on. Or is that already how it works?

The remote remembers the previous setting but I'n not sure how it behaves when it's power is switched on and off by another source. I'll check that when I get my car back from service on Friday.

The remote remembers the previous setting but I'n not sure how it behaves when it's power is switched on and off by another source. I'll check that when I get my car back from service on Friday.
Did you find the answer on this when you got your car back? If it goes on and off with the DRL (or headlights, either way works for me), then I'm in! The wife thought it was "a little pimp my ride", but gave it the ok :)

Pre-order waiting list:

1. nkohlimd
  2. npiwovar
  3. rogbmw
  4. suprkar
  5. The Fury
  6. zax123
  7. brianman
  8. xhawk101
  9. ccbldg
  10. jamtek
  11. jason
  12. walla2
  13. bad luck
  14. shumdit
  15. KlausFechner
  16. yobigd20
  17. Jetson
  18. 1051
  19. ArthurHansen
  20. islandbayy
  21. Soarteeth
  22. tomanik
  23. umuhk
  24. efusco
  25. 4super9
  26. dsmith2189
  27. Logan
  28. rekoh
  29. professionalr
  30. KineticFlow
  31. ModelS1079
  32. Chas F
  33. phx182flyer
  34. gwagen27
  35. pwrmeup
  36. scriptacus
  37. Odenator
  38. SamGarber
  39. RLA12194
  40. WeazL
  41. jpasqua
  42. NJ Plugin
  43. SteveW25561
  44. TSLAopt
  45. pudljmpr
  46. Cards2011
  47. bhuwan
  48. drtko147
  49. ggbjr
  50. mknox
  51. inottawa
  52. joefee
  53. NoMoGas
  54. deinspanjer
  55. randyy
  56. SouthJerseyJon
  57. Malnodnarb
58. Surfrcali

Just made the final production arrangements with Oznium. We're going to make these via an injection mold instead of 3D printing. That will lower the cost to $165.00 plus about $10.00 for shipping and handling. The LED PCB will be waterproofed and sealed within the T and arch. For easier installation each will come with custom 3M double faced tape on both sides. The kit will be delivered completely assembled, making installation very easy. The T and arch will be guaranteed for the life of the car with a no-questions-asked return policy.

Production will begin at the end of next week. Creating the injection mold will take some time, and Oznium anticipates delivery in 2 - 2 1/2 months.

I'm going to start working on complete installation instructions. But this will be quite easy. All that will be required is removal of the nose come, drilling of two small holes in the nose cone in the areas behind the T and arch so the wires can be run through, removal of the chrome T and arch with dental floss, then attaching the lighted T and arch and the original Tesla pieces to the nose cone with the 3M tape (just pressing them on will do the trick) and powering the device through a tap to a fuse or the headlight/running light power (simple wiring connections) For those who want special effects, the Oznium 12 volt LED dimmer and strobe remote switch, which syncs with HomeLink, can be ordered along with the kit at a discount and easily wired into the system.

We have about 60 on the waiting list now. The first production run will be for everyone on that list, no matter how high it goes (manufacturing capacity is not limited).