Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lights stay on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've noticed a couple times when we exit the car the lights stay on and we have to open and shut the door to make them turn off. Lights are in auto mode.

Have you been through the lighting selections in the manual?

===========================

(screenshot of specific section about lights after exit)

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 6.36.50 PM.png

We've noticed a couple times when we exit the car the lights stay on and we have to open and shut the door to make them turn off. Lights are in auto mode.

My car will occasionally do this, as well. The screen stays on, too. It usually happens when I hop in the car to move it a short distance, then get right back out. I’m pretty sure the car is fully on and drivable when this happens.

Now I routinely check to make sure my screen goes out before walking away from the car.

My car will occasionally do this, as well. The screen stays on, too. It usually happens when I hop in the car to move it a short distance, then get right back out. I’m pretty sure the car is fully on and drivable when this happens.

Now I routinely check to make sure my screen goes out before walking away from the car.
You might need to have your door seal adjusted, it sounds like the door isn’t fully closing.