TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Lights turning on and off while the car is supposed to off on the Model X?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Khades, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Khades

Khades New Member

The other day I parked the car on the street and was inside the restaurant 20ft away eating when I noticed about once a minute the lights on the car are turning on and staying on for about 30 seconds and turning back off again. Similarly, tonight I went to my garage to get something, and as soon as I opened the garage door I noticed the lights are on. Why does it do this? Is it because the fob is just not far away enough? This has to affect the battery right?

2. keytalker

keytalker Member

You might have similar issue with my X. The tech support there might be firmware issue related and will be fixed in the next update.

3. Phil Seastrand

Ours used to do that a lot and would click and make all kinds of noise. Each new firmware release this problem becomes less and less of an issue. Have the SC pull your logs, but chances are it's normal and will improve with a new firmware release in the future.

4. Gregkeys

Gregkeys Member

happens to us as well, short term fix is to always turn auto headlights to off then lock the vehicle from your fob by clicking the top of the fob, or triple click if you want to close all doors.

if you happen to move your fob after putting it away for the night you might have to turn headlights to off again, it seems to reset to auto everytime the fob is close enough to unlock

5. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Do you have a logging program active? I had this happen with teslalog.

6. MX1028

MX1028 Member

So i was noticing the same thing after taking delivery and Parking in the garage and then closing the home door into the garage. My keys hang on the wall that is right next to the door. So I can pickup my keys open the door and I'm out. I called Tesla about it and I was told the range/ Line of sight for car and key fob was close that it was picking up flashing the parking lights. Now I moved my car fobs to upstairs where there is no Line of sight and have not had the issue since.

7. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Same thing happened to me at first, I just kept the key fob away :)

8. xellos

xellos Member

Same happened to me. I used to hung the fob on the other side of the wall from the garage, and lights would come on when i go in the garage. Moved the fob into the living room and it hasn't happened since

9. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

Yes it happens to me if I put my key on the kitchen counter which is about 12 feet to the front of the car thru a wall. Our S does not do it but the X does.