Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lights turning on and off while the car is supposed to off on the Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I parked the car on the street and was inside the restaurant 20ft away eating when I noticed about once a minute the lights on the car are turning on and staying on for about 30 seconds and turning back off again. Similarly, tonight I went to my garage to get something, and as soon as I opened the garage door I noticed the lights are on. Why does it do this? Is it because the fob is just not far away enough? This has to affect the battery right?

Ours used to do that a lot and would click and make all kinds of noise. Each new firmware release this problem becomes less and less of an issue. Have the SC pull your logs, but chances are it's normal and will improve with a new firmware release in the future.

happens to us as well, short term fix is to always turn auto headlights to off then lock the vehicle from your fob by clicking the top of the fob, or triple click if you want to close all doors.

if you happen to move your fob after putting it away for the night you might have to turn headlights to off again, it seems to reset to auto everytime the fob is close enough to unlock

The other day I parked the car on the street and was inside the restaurant 20ft away eating when I noticed about once a minute the lights on the car are turning on and staying on for about 30 seconds and turning back off again. Similarly, tonight I went to my garage to get something, and as soon as I opened the garage door I noticed the lights are on. Why does it do this? Is it because the fob is just not far away enough? This has to affect the battery right?
So i was noticing the same thing after taking delivery and Parking in the garage and then closing the home door into the garage. My keys hang on the wall that is right next to the door. So I can pickup my keys open the door and I'm out. I called Tesla about it and I was told the range/ Line of sight for car and key fob was close that it was picking up flashing the parking lights. Now I moved my car fobs to upstairs where there is no Line of sight and have not had the issue since.