Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limit on preorder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to call a store tomorrow, but does anyone know if there's a limit of how many model 3 you can preorder? I'm going to reserve one for sure for my wife, but her sister also is interested, and since existing owners may get priority, will that apply to multiple preorders?

I've heard that existing owners will get a 1:1 priority - meaning, if you currently own two Teslas, two reservations will be prioritized. If you have one, you get priority on one.
I'm not an owner, so this doesn't apply to me. But just to clarify, can an owner reserve more than the amount of Teslas they currently own, but only the amount they own are prioritized?

I'm not an owner, so this doesn't apply to me. But just to clarify, can an owner reserve more than the amount of Teslas they currently own, but only the amount they own are prioritized?

I would assume that an owner can order as many as anyone else can order. (I'm not sure if there will be overall limits, but believe that owners aren't given the ability to order more than anyone else, only that they are prioritized depending on how many Teslas they own.)

Tesla has not officially said how many you can feserve with priority. Most people think for each current Tesla you own you can reserve one with priority and the person who owns the existing car is the only one who can reserve and it has to be in the same name as the original order. Of course you can reserve as many cats without priority as you want.