Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limited Slip Differential

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I start, I think TMC should have a forum section for ALL Tesla vehicles, for topics that apply to every Tesla, not just a S, 3, X, or Y.

Has anyone considered putting in an aftermarket limited slip differential in an S or Y model? They sell them after market. I suppose you won’t get much out of it unless you track your car. Would improve cornering grip significantly.

I've done my share of SCCA events and a few track days with our MY. I have the ghost upgrade and have used their version of track mode. I find torque to the wheels from a corner was always lagging. It could be their version of Track Mode though. Maybe LSD would help? I was impressed seeing the MS go through the ring again. Maybe LSD could give them another edge.

Reactions: Manbutter
With a quick google, I found a thread on the M3, but none on how it actually performs compared to stock. I mean other than venders say "it'll be better."

I'd guess its pretty much what @towndrunk said, a lot of work for little benefit, if any.

Consider that people taking on the ring aren't your everyday drivers, they're likely to have enough funds to do such a swap, especially any trying for records. But they haven't?