Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CommaAI OpenPilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having issue that since update several months back I cannot use autopilot on non-highway roads, on which I drive very often (topic - Autopilot is useless on non-highway roads.)

To the point that I'm considering selling tesla and buying a toyota with their most modern driver assist technologies.

But before doing that, I'm wondering if there is an alternative solution - is CommaAI OpenPilot available for 2023 Model Y? Or any news about its availability or any alternative perhaps?
I'm not looking for FSD just regular adaptive cruise control with good lane keep assist that can handle twisty roads will suffice.

Wow, thanks a lot @69KWH ! That seems like there is a hope for Tesla after all!

I'll check online how Comma Autopilot performs on twisty road and if following distance can be adjusted (in Eastern Europe people don't follow 5-10 car lengths but 1-2 max, something more and everyone will overtake you) and if it's immune to speed limit sign reading issue, if all good I'm going to purchase it and report my experience on the forum

Reactions: 69KWH
I've checked all information I was interested in and I can confirm that openpilot looks like will do exactly what I need:

1) It handles twisty road very well
2) It doesn't read and apply speed limits (at all, so incorrect application isn't an issue either)
3) Following distance is adjustable and seems about as tesla

I've bought the set, will report back when I get and install it, probably in 2-3 weeks.