Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Limits of mobile service call-outs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys, I’ve heard A LOT of good things about th mobile servicing guys that roll up to help fix problems without the need to take into a SC (which I’ve heard A LOT of negative things about!).

Question is, what’s the mobile team’s limit? I’ve got a scratch on the steering wheel centre part, which I believe is a steering wheel airbag unit replacement (1x wire).... is this something that could be done remotely?

what else can they do? What’s their limit?

I think the app will automatically force you into a service centre visit if you request a category the mobile service won't do. So just try and see. But did get the impression they will cover a lot.

The issue I found yesterday is that sometimes they won't have all the parts they need to do the work! So they're having to come back another time to finish the other bits.

But it was quite helpful being able to explain a few issues to a person rather than trying to put it into the app.

I'm booked in for a tiny chip on the door. Apparently they use SMART repair techniques. Seems to be the modern buzzword for a touch up.....

Don't get me wrong, I watched a guy manipulate a dent out of a car door using a 4 ft bar through the window slot, a very skilled job, but in reality I'm not expecting the SC to achieve much more than a touch up.

A good description and plenty of photos in the app when "booking" helps. I had a ranger visit yesterday after many moths of waiting (due to the lockdown and part delivery issues) to replace a door seal. When I saked about a loose B-pillar trim the guy explained there's a limit to what they can carry with them for doing "extras", but he did have some new clips in the bottom of his box of bits. I'd say be specific with plenty of notice if you have extra jobs that you want to add. Because of the distance involved in getting here my ranger arrived in a Model 3: I think they usually rock up in an X so can usually carry more stuff?

I'm booked in for a tiny chip on the door. Apparently they use SMART repair techniques. Seems to be the modern buzzword for a touch up.....

Don't get me wrong, I watched a guy manipulate a dent out of a car door using a 4 ft bar through the window slot, a very skilled job, but in reality I'm not expecting the SC to achieve much more than a touch up.

Be interested to hear how it goes as in also booked Birmingham end of July for a SMART repair.

I actually asked the ranger and he said the app does have specific options were it will offer mobile service but others are reviewed by the SC and changed to mobile if it's something they can do