Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of first 30 Model 3 customers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was expecting 30 workers to get up on stage near the end of the event. I wonder if those thirty are in worker's garages tonight charging?

I'm afraid the prioritization of long range high priced model 3s has pushed any orders from the factory workers to the end of the queue :( The $17-$21/hr workers don't buy $50k new cars. Few even stay in homes with garages here in Bay area.

But shouldn't it be up to the employees to decide if their name is shared?
Yes, of course :) I'm not asking for names and addresses either! If they don't want to identify themselves or publicly announce it on the internet, just Jane#<n> and John#<m> will do.

I know a number of people on the Model 3 engineering team took delivery. No idea on the rest, but definitely not just high level execs and board members.
That's helpful! Would you say they were in 10s or 20s?

Some of the 30 have been spotted over the weekend being driven around by their new owners.
Real deliveries have started. Don't doubt it.
This is a bit curious. Is it easy to tell from outside if it is a new owner(employee) driving his/her own car, or it is employees driving around in one of the 20 engineering validation cars?

Whether deliveries went to execs or board members or engineers or whoever ... cars were delivered. Not a handful, but 30+. Production is beginning and all that will matter a month from now is 'how fast cars are ramping'. No one will care who took delivery of the first cars, except for the people who took delivery.

This is a bit curious. Is it easy to tell from outside if it is a new owner(employee) driving his/her own car, or it is employees driving around in one of the 20 engineering validation cars?

New owner DMV paperwork:
newowner.png

Also, talking to them and hearing their story you can know it isn't an RC.

This owner was NOT an engineer.

And VIN < 30

Last edited:
Reactions: SoCalGuy
This is nonsense! Why won't you? Won't you be a proud possessor of one of the first few of a historic car?

I'm in fact trying to find how many regular Joes got selected for this 'first customer cum employee' deliveries. This will pour cold water on FUDsters claiming this to be #fakedelivery. :)
Employees were supposedly being rewarded with first deliveries by prioritizing their deliveries over outsider deliveries.

As an example. here are the first 3 for Bolt EV.
First Chevy Bolt EVs Delivered Today - HybridCars.com
View attachment 239029
Dude you seem like a weird stalker - it isn't nonsense.