Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of first 30 Model 3 customers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mmd

Jun 22, 2015
San Jose, CA
I was hoping to see the first 30 customers,who are also Tesla employees, on stage during the delivery event with their brief introduction by Elon. Lacking that, I'm trying to compile this list. I've got only 3 so far.

Please help to complete the list if you can! TIA.

Vin #1 Elon Musk, CEO
Vin #5 Steve Jurvetson, Board member (not a Tesla employee)
Vin ? Franz von Holzhausen, chief Model 3 designer

BOD ... Ira Ehrenpreis & family.

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 6.29.30 PM.png

Last edited:
I was hoping to see the first 30 customers,who are also Tesla employees, on stage during the delivery event with their brief introduction by Elon. Lacking that, I'm trying to compile this list. I've got only 3 so far.

Please help to complete the list if you can! TIA.

Vin #1 Elon Musk, CEO
Vin #5 Steve Jurvetson, Board member (not a Tesla employee)
Vin ? Franz von Holzhausen, chief Model 3 designer
Why do you care? Seems kind of creepy. If I were a regular Tesla employee and had one of the first thirty I wouldn’t want it posted all over the internet.

Why do you care? Seems kind of creepy. If I were a regular Tesla employee and had one of the first thirty I wouldn’t want it posted all over the internet.

This is nonsense! Why won't you? Won't you be a proud possessor of one of the first few of a historic car?

I'm in fact trying to find how many regular Joes got selected for this 'first customer cum employee' deliveries. This will pour cold water on FUDsters claiming this to be #fakedelivery. :)
Employees were supposedly being rewarded with first deliveries by prioritizing their deliveries over outsider deliveries.

As an example. here are the first 3 for Bolt EV.
First Chevy Bolt EVs Delivered Today - HybridCars.com
ChevyBolt2group05-e1481660548437.jpg

Last edited:
BOD ... Ira Ehrenpreis & family.

View attachment 239018

That's the investor who gave Elon Musk the rights to the SN01 car right 'for his birthday', right? But now has same car with different SN?

Claim the SN01 had high collector's value, and claim as a loss of capital? So a $55k car allows you to remove $238,000(?) in capital gains taxes by valuing the SN01 at $1 million based on the auction pricing (charity) Chevrolet hit on the last SN01 Corvette.

If that's what's going on, hope the IRS isn't dumb. The value on SN01 auctions is because they are charity events, not because the cars are worth that much. Car value has to be based on an open auction for profit.

Then they shouldn't be on the internet :) Once someone is on it, his privacy is Google's and Facebook's property.
But did these average Joes/Janes ask or give permission to be identified on the Internet as the first Model 3 owners? Sure, if someone broadcasts this fact on social media, then they're fair game. But if they choose not to let this be known, should we be trying to ferret out this information just because they have some presence on the Internet?

Mr. Ehrenpreis posted that photo with his family in front of what is presumed to be thier car hours before the event, on his twitter & shared it with @elonmusk @teslamotors & #Model3 so privacy was lost long ago.

At the end of Elons presentation you can see Elon waving to Ira & family as they are the first to walk over to the cars, Elon even says something like those are actual owners getting actual production cars at 32:10 mark

I was expecting 30 workers to get up on stage near the end of the event. I wonder if those thirty are in worker's garages tonight charging?

The delivery event presentation from Elon came across as not very well scripted:eek:. The actual handover of the cars was poorly handle but I bet we didn't see many employees cause they're mostly slated for Tesla high level execs and board members who wouldn't give the impression that they were going to working class employees.

Last edited:
This is nonsense! Why won't you? Won't you be a proud possessor of one of the first few of a historic car?

I'm in fact trying to find how many regular Joes got selected for this 'first customer cum employee' deliveries. This will pour cold water on FUDsters claiming this to be #fakedelivery. :)
Employees were supposedly being rewarded with first deliveries by prioritizing their deliveries over outsider deliveries.

As an example. here are the first 3 for Bolt EV.
First Chevy Bolt EVs Delivered Today - HybridCars.com
View attachment 239029
But shouldn't it be up to the employees to decide if their name is shared?

The delivery event presentation from Elon came across as not very well scripted:eek:. The actual handover of the cars was poorly handle but I bet we didn't see many employees cause they're mostly slated for Tesla high level execs and board members who wouldn't give the impression that they were going to working class employees.
I know a number of people on the Model 3 engineering team took delivery. No idea on the rest, but definitely not just high level execs and board members.