Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

List of Model Y configs that qualify for the 2023 Federal Tax Credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New price drops tonight, here is my view of which Model Y qualify for the 2023 federal tax credit between now and March:

Model Y Performance 5-seater (MSRP gotta be under $55k) : None of them qualify.

Model Y Long Range 5-seater : Gotta stay under $55K before destination charge. These configs will quality for the federal tax credit [exterior/interior/wheels]:
- Red/Black/19s
- Black/Black/19s
- White/Black/19s
- White/Black/19s with Tow
- White/Black/20s
- White/White/19s
- White/White/19s with Tow
- Gray/Black/19s
- Gray/Black/19s with Tow
- Gray/White/19s
- Blue/Black/19s
- Blue/Black/19s with Tow
- Blue/White/19s

Model Y Long Range 7-seater (Gotta be under $80K) : All of them qualify with any color, wheel, tow hitch, interior options. Don't add FSD or EAP to keep it under $80K.

Screenshot 2023-01-13 3.26.31 PM.png

Admin note: Image added for Blog feed.

Reactions: PCTAZRichard
Loving this forum/community - i'm in an interesting situation and looking for suggestions ::

1. i'm in NorCal and just signed up for solar install ( upsized my PV system to account for two EV cars, up to 20000 miles/yr for both cars) - solar will be installed within the next 2 months.

2. our GLB lease ends next month and we will become a one-car household (first time in 20+ yrs but whatever).

3. we don't qualify for any tax credits (though if we end up buying an EV, will buy it under wife's name and there's a 1% chance she finds gainful employment and we file married-filling-separate to capture tax credits).

4. based on my solar contract and the fact that I've been eyeing MYLR for quite a while (only driven SUV's for the past 25+ yrs), it's now a given that i need to buy one (or at the very least, buy an EV). The question is, should i buy a new one (submit order today) or get a used one or wait until Mar to submit an order or wait until next year point-of-sale credit rule will take effect?
one plan I was contemplating was to buy a MYLR this year, keeping our existing ICE and in 2 yrs, give the ICE to my son and buy another EV SUV (maybe a used MY).

not used to making $60K car purchases (though we can afford it)....but at the same time, have seen enough chaos with covid to understand that life is short and might as well enjoy the limited time we have here (and in CA!).

Thanks in advance.

Do you want the Full Self Driving software? This is normally $15K. If you want this, then buy a used Tesla Model Y LR from the Tesla website that already comes with acceleration boost and full self driving software (a $17K value). If you don't care about FSD, then buy a new Tesla from current inventory to take delivery immediately. Check the Tesla website for Existing Inventory, and when you see the car you want, click it and take delivery within a few days. Last point : Hardware4 with new cameras (and therefore new safety features) is coming out somewhere between 2 weeks and 6 months, so you could also decide to wait for that. Especially since you said it's unlikely you will qualify for the federal tax credit, so in that case there's no hurry.

`````

Long story short.. I bought a 2022 Mercedes GLB 250 4MATIC for work. Family works for MB so service is at cost, and I bought the vehicle for not much more than a rav4 during covid when prices were at a high. Paid roughly 46 before taxes. I drive roughly 27-30k annually. I wanted an EV (MYLR) before my MB but could not justify the price hike. I would have negative equity if I were to sell my car right now but I didn't put any money down initially since work covers. I get a monthly stipend plus mileage. Roughly $1200-$1500 a month. I figured this is a great opportunity for me to get the car I wanted, plus save on maintenance/gas.

Your GLB 250 have 3 rows? It is very fuel efficient so I'm comparing this to a new Y @$52K vs Used 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB 250 4MATIC® SUV Scottsdale AZ

What does GLB cost to maintain @ dealer typically?

Your GLB 250 have 3 rows? It is very fuel efficient so I'm comparing this to a new Y @$52K vs Used 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLB 250 4MATIC® SUV Scottsdale AZ

What does GLB cost to maintain @ dealer typically?
Oil change is $300-$500
2025 bumper to bumper warranty runs out , or when you reach 31k miles . Probably $2k per year depends on how much you drive . After warranty runs out , it’s gets more expensive.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh