Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lit Motors C-1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure (if it ever gets to production) it will become 125 or 109 miles range at 55 with no airconditioning, etc.

Again, I am very supportive of anyone who goes this far with this type of technology. I am not blinded, by any means. Just very supportive.

I saw a short movie showing the C1. In this movie in the front of C1 there were capacitor banks. Is this the secret of C1? LItmotors CEO claims the C1 to have 220 miles range. Maybe that such a high range is achieved thanks to the capacitors banks storing energy during the regenerative brake action?
This dilemma is very interesting! :cool:

No, capacitors have much worse energy density than lithium batteries, and though they can take higher regen currents they can't take enough to make a difference. There is not enough regen energy available from braking even if you caught every bit of it.

Minimal opportunity for energy recovery unless you go off road. Feel your shocks after your next drive, they will barely be warm, which means no significant energy available. Then feel your brakes, (in an ICE vehicle), but be careful! Lot's of energy to be recovered there.

I think that everyone is missing several factors when it comes to the C-1 and the 200 mile range:

1. Low coefficient of drag. Much lower than the MS.

2. Only two wheels

3. Very light weight

Most of the energy in driving is eaten up in rolling resistance and wind resistance. ManuVince'sTwizy owner above is getting 150Wh/m on 4 wheels and poor C of D.

Coming from the motorcycle world, you see MPG of 50-100mpg on scooters and efficient bikes. This is ~2-5X the average car. Why wouldn't a very streamlined EV enclosed motorcycle get 2-5X the efficiency of a Model S (speed dependency for sure).

@callmesam

I would like to compare the C1 with the DS Zero Motorbike. In the case of the DS Zero Motorbike we have a 11 KWh battery corresponding to 120 miles range while in the case of the C1 we have a 8 KWh battery corresponding to 200 miles range.
So in my opinion such a large range in the case of the C1 it's not only due to the 2 wheels, low drag and weight and there is something else to be considered. I think that such a large range it's due to the 2 gyroscopes acting to generate energy to be stored in the battery.

@Jerry

Of course gyroscopes use energy, but the continuous movements of the masses inside the giroscopes could also be used to generate energy this way. Put a solenoid around the moving masses inside the gyroscopes and couple it to a magnetic field. Then you will have an induced current inside the solenoid that can generate energy to charge up the battery.

Last edited:
@Jerry

Of course gyroscopes use energy, but the continuous movements of the masses inside the giroscopes could also be used to generate energy this way. Put a solenoid around the moving masses inside the gyroscopes and couple it to an electromagnetic field. Then you will have an induced current inside the solenoid that can generate energy to charge up the battery.

Before the perpetual motion jokes come in, obviously you will never get back out as much energy in the gyroscopes as you put in. Could they be a more efficient regen than charging the battery?

Before the perpetual motion jokes come in, obviously you will never get back out as much energy in the gyroscopes as you put in. Could they be a more efficient regen than charging the battery?

I think that this the only way Litmotors can get such a high range (200 miles) with an 8 KWh battery. Then yes the system consisting of the gyroscope plus the solenoids around the masses could act as an amplifier of current. This doesn't mean that you have a perpetual motion system.
I would like to point out that the gyroscopes plus the solenoids not only experience the bias currents to make them work, but also the gravity force (that is free) and for this reason this system could act as an amplifier of current.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this is crazy talk. Any energy from the gyroscopes has to be less than goes into them, they didn't change the laws of physics, which means it's a loss to the system. The simple and obvious answer is that it will not get the claimed range at any reasonable speeds. If it gets it at 20 mph on flat ground with a tailwind it's an irrelevant number.

A gyroscope is mainly a mechanical device which can get energy from gravity force and convert it in electric energy in my opinion. Of course there is a loss in the system but main thing is that you manage to recover a part of the electrical energy than you gave to the gyroscope to get the mechanical balance. In my previous post I was wrong in the sense that this way you don't get current amplification but at least you manage to recover a part of the given electrical energy to charge the battery up.

Last edited: