Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Littleton CO Service Center Model 3 delivery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you will be just fine. As for your username, that's going to be a challenge if you continue to hang out in the forum.:) But if you end up turning into a happy Tesla owner none of it will matter. The only advice I can give you is that many of us had a challenging delivery experience that did not go as smooth as it should have. But even with all of the challenges, I have yet to see anyone who has taken delivery of the car say they regret their purchase. So just get through the delivery process as best as you can and then enjoy your new car. Once you drive it you'll never want to go back.

@Skeptical - I hope everything works out for you and you have a better buying experience than I had. Let us know how it goes.

Tesla told me repeatedly my car was not rejected by another customer. I wonder now if that was true because of all the defects. FOMO on the full tax credit was the reason I accepted the car.

Okay everyone, You guys made it clear that I was way wrong on this. Im going to call Frank back and eat some crow and tell him that I’ll take the car.

Not so much take it, as you'll not refuse the VIN and you'll agree a delivery appointment.

When you get there and bring the car out, but live up to your alias and refuse it if there are any significant problems with it. You are right that the fact that the car is immediately available does raise a flag.

Update.
Boy do I feel like an ass. I called Frank this morning and apologized profusely for being
so ignorant. He graciously accepted my apology and said that he felt that the system can be confusing at times.
The production date of the car is 3/24 and has exactly 5 miles on the odometer.
Frank even went the extra mile for me and is going to try to arrange delivery today. He said that he has to talk with the delivery team, have the car pulled from storage and detailed.
I want to thank the people on this forum for helping me to pull my head out of my a**.
Will update again.

Update.
Boy do I feel like an ass. I called Frank this morning and apologized profusely for being
so ignorant. He graciously accepted my apology and said that he felt that the system can be confusing at times.
Frank even went the extra mile for me and is going to try to arrange delivery today. He said that he has to talk with the delivery team, have the car pulled from storage and detailed.
I want to thank the people on this forum for helping me to pull my head out of my a**.
Will update again.

Awesome - let us know how it goes! We've been conditioned for so long that the car industry is a bunch of slimy thieves, that it can be very difficult to accept that there really CAN be a pleasant experience. When we just expect to get screwed at every turn, it really shades one's view.

Good luck and hopefully the car is everything you imagined it would be!

I don’t think Tesla is a “slimy” company the way some legacy car dealers can be. But I do think they are unorganized and a bit scattered when it comes to putting the details of an order together. So I think you have to keep a watchful eye on them, not because they are going to intentionally try to pull a fast one on you, but because they sometimes just don’t know how to get out of their own way.

This forum is funny. I see complaints about:

- I ordered my car 2 weeks ago where the hell is it and why is it taking so long?!
- I ordered my car yesterday and they’re telling me I can pick it up Friday why is it available so quickly?!

Many people here are incredibly hard to please.

Update.
Will update again.

Its not everyday that you see a 180 deg turn on the internet when a person determines they were in the wrong. Good on you.

As other have mentioned, Tesla is still a young car company and is not immune to minor (and fully resolvable) issues at delivery. Take time to look the car over and, if anything comes up, make sure to note it and ensure they will deal with it.

That all said, I took delivery of my Mid-Range late last year and it was flawless. My delivery experience at Littleton was perfect, and the car has been a dream so far. Enjoy the car! Its fantastic!

Its not everyday that you see a 180 deg turn on the internet when a person determines they were in the wrong. Good on you.

As other have mentioned, Tesla is still a young car company and is not immune to minor (and fully resolvable) issues at delivery. Take time to look the car over and, if anything comes up, make sure to note it and ensure they will deal with it.

That all said, I took delivery of my Mid-Range late last year and it was flawless. My delivery experience at Littleton was perfect, and the car has been a dream so far. Enjoy the car! Its fantastic!

Amen to all of this. I've had my LR since May, just hit 15k miles, and it's been fantastic. The Littleton folks have been great, as well. (Sometimes a challenge to get a hold of, but universally helpful once I do.)

Kudos to the OP for changing tune after realizing that this was likely just a recently-arrived car that matched his new config. Welcome to the forum, and to the Denver Tesla community. I hope your delivery today was/is/will be smooth.

Update.
Will update again.

2172FD88-CE84-42BA-B009-53F14A74CFFB.jpeg
Quick update:

Picked up my model 3 at 2 pm, Frank made it happen. The car is perfect and delivery was a breeze. The car is so much more than I expected. Bigger than I expected, drives like a dream, accelerates like a gazelle, quiet as can be, no squeaks or rattles and handles like it’s on rails. Absolutely worth the wait! Thrilled to death and totally immersed in my Tesla right now.

Thanks again everyone for your input and help.

This forum is funny. I see complaints about:

- I ordered my car 2 weeks ago where the hell is it and why is it taking so long?!
- I ordered my car yesterday and they’re telling me I can pick it up Friday why is it available so quickly?!

Many people here are incredibly hard to please.

Different people have different needs and preferences. Feed the same food to a dozen people and you'll get a dozen opinions -- some will say it's too sweet, others will say it's not sweet enough. Some will say it's too salty, others that it's not salty enough. That's part of being members of an individualistic species, rather than identical clones or members of a Borg collective.

View attachment 395366 Quick update:

Picked up my model 3 at 2 pm, Frank made it happen. The car is perfect and delivery was a breeze. The car is so much more than I expected. Bigger than I expected, drives like a dream, accelerates like a gazelle, quiet as can be, no squeaks or rattles and handles like it’s on rails. Absolutely worth the wait! Thrilled to death and totally immersed in my Tesla right now.

Congratulations! It seems you had a good delivery experience after all, so glad to hear that. The car looks great!

Different people have different needs and preferences. Feed the same food to a dozen people and you'll get a dozen opinions -- some will say it's too sweet, others will say it's not sweet enough. Some will say it's too salty, others that it's not salty enough. That's part of being members of an individualistic species, rather than identical clones or members of a Borg collective.

But I thought Tesla fans were a monolithic cult, all worshipping Lord Elon. That's what the haters say, at least.

/s

View attachment 395366 Quick update:

Wow, congratulations. Looks lovely. Enjoy!