Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Local EVgo Level 3 charger has tesla plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Short summary, although station had proprietary Tesla handle, after 10 minutes of charging the car said an issue was detected but charging continued anyhow. I had acquired enough additional miles so I ceased charging. I had a bit of trouble getting the app to work as I was new to EVgo and their app. I called there 24/7 help and someone answered instantly and was able to setup my account for future use as well as initiate a charging session from their end. Another EVgo user nearby said he too had to call in recently due to some buggy updates EVgo rolled out.

EVgo station with Tesla nozzle, convenient.
21793D2F-A788-449A-BD71-0E86B25E7CBC.jpeg

It looks like an ID.4 next to you. They could probably get almost 100kW from that station with CCS, but the Tesla adapter bolted onto the EVgo station is limited to 50kW (125A DC) so you had to charge slower. The EVgo app will show you the price per kWh for each station by time of day. They recently changed to this pricing system in California.

If you are a member of AAA, you can get a discount without any monthly fee.

It looks like an ID.4 next to you. They could probably get almost 100kW from that station with CCS, but the Tesla adapter bolted onto the EVgo station is limited to 50kW (125A DC) so you had to charge slower. The EVgo app will show you the price per kWh for each station by time of day. They recently changed to this pricing system in California.

Yup. Although I was using a tesla proprietary chord , the charge rate was advertised as 50KW in my Tesla navigation screen & when charging up.

Those chargers are 200 kW, but Tesla is stuck to 50 kW because Tesla refuses to switch to CCS.

Volkswagen ID.4 is limited to ~136 kW.