Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Local Lotus Enthusiasts - Join Us for Events (Invite)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys - I'm sure I've met some of you at Supercar Saturdays or others. I am Chicago western burbs based Lotus Elise owner and am very (ok, too damn much) active on LotusTalk and in coordinating local 'Spirited Drives'. We like to get out as much as possible and tear up some country roads. There are some excellent routes going from Hampshire/Marengo up to Lake Geneva and in the Lake Geneva area (Back Road/Townline/etc). There are also some fantastic roads heading west of St Charles up to Starved Rock. Then you have the amazing Alphabet Roads that take you from New Glarus, WI through Dodgeville and the like. That route is probably range prohibitive, but I'd imagine the local routes would be fine.

Got me thinking - on one of our drives last year, one of our guys who is a carbon fiber parts supplier (not that Carbon One John charlatan) mentioned including the 'Tesla Roadster Guys' and that got my brain going. Would be love to have you guys join us on a spirited drive. Good 'car guy' comraderie and even some sharing of ideas/components that work across both platforms (for example, on my prior Elise, I had the Roadster double din bezel custom installed) and I presently use a 'Taylor Top' custom mesh top that also works on the Roadster.

We are looking at sometime in October for another drive (possibly our last before winter storage). Would love to have you guys join us.

Also, make sure to check out the guys at Chicago Rally (you've probably seen them if you hit up Supercar Saturdays). They do a lot of fun events too (just did a drive with them last Saturday).

We've done drives with 6 Loti and on up. The last drive we did last October featured 30 cars! IIRC, it was about 22 Loti, a 458, a 430 Scuderia, a McLaren MP4, GT3RS and a DBS. Good times! You can see a lot of the recaps/vids/pics on the Midwest Region section of LotusTalk.

Chime in or feel free to PM me.

Looks like a ton of views but no replies and no takers?

Anyhoo, we are doing a drive this Saturday 10/12 - from Geneva/St Charles area through farm land into Starved Rock.

Would love to have you join us. At current count, we have about 8 Lotus, 1 McLaren, 1 GT3 RS and possibly a couple of Ferraris. Good driving roads - some twisty, some sweeper, mostly empty.

Meet up would be 9am at an actual location TBD in Geneva, IL.

Feel free to respond or PM me.

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f112/sat-10-12-starved-rock-drive-who-179050/index2.html