Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location and fix of rattles in new m3p

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats what rattles in mine for sure but no clue ho to get to it to fix it.
The tesla service center near me just wedges a little piece of high density foam btw the windshield side of the speaker grill and that little narrow strip of plastic trim. It's enough pressure to keep if from making noise, but it's a crappy 'fix' and it creates a gap btw the grill and trim thanks to that piece of foam.

So once you remove the panel off, the clips hold the wires that run all inside the door panel. Throughout the door to hold the connections in place Tesla placed clips that hold the connectors. Those clips maintain the connectors in place but the connectors move due to the amount of play. The fix is to wrap the connectors with electrical tape so when you put it back onto the clip it’s nice and snug and with the electrical tape that removes any contact points. That’s a common issue with how Tesla puts the cars together. It’s not just where the wires go onto clips it’s where the trim snaps into place those clips are loose and cause rattles throughout the car.
Ditto. Had an annoying buzz behind my driver door panel armrest and it was a loose clip. I popped the clip back in and laid electrical tape over for good measure. Happy to say the rattle is gone. Now the mysterious trunk rattles are accentuated.

4,000 Miles on my 21 MP3 and the rear seat rattles & squeaks are driving me up the wall.

These started not long after I got the car so I placed a rag the catch for the folding seat mechanism and it stopped. A trip to the service center and they claimed they fixed something...but they actually didn't. If I have the Passenger side rear seat folded down, nothing. However, it's up (with a rag in the catch or not) I get rattles and a super annoying squeak.

And then there's the front door panel....Oh the front door panel. Rattles itself like crazy UNLESS I have arm sitting on the arm rest. It takes virtually no pressure on that arm-rest to make the rattle stop. Believe it or not, I generally do like having both hands on the wheel while driving. Crazy, I know. The car also visited the service for this and they could not replicate it. I asked them if they had their arm OFF the arm-rest when they test drove it and they couldn't remember but didn't have time to mess with it anymore. This is outstanding as I live 2 hours away from the closest service center.

So, I suppose if I can't get a Mobile tech to actually show up (I've tried), I'll be tackling this stuff myself....which an annoying thing to have to do on a brand new $60,000 car...yay....

/rantoff

Reactions: Alfred_Lanning
4,000 Miles on my 21 MP3 and the rear seat rattles & squeaks are driving me up the wall.

These started not long after I got the car so I placed a rag the catch for the folding seat mechanism and it stopped. A trip to the service center and they claimed they fixed something...but they actually didn't. If I have the Passenger side rear seat folded down, nothing. However, it's up (with a rag in the catch or not) I get rattles and a super annoying squeak.

And then there's the front door panel....Oh the front door panel. Rattles itself like crazy UNLESS I have arm sitting on the arm rest. It takes virtually no pressure on that arm-rest to make the rattle stop. Believe it or not, I generally do like having both hands on the wheel while driving. Crazy, I know. The car also visited the service for this and they could not replicate it. I asked them if they had their arm OFF the arm-rest when they test drove it and they couldn't remember but didn't have time to mess with it anymore. This is outstanding as I live 2 hours away from the closest service center.

So, I suppose if I can't get a Mobile tech to actually show up (I've tried), I'll be tackling this stuff myself....which an annoying thing to have to do on a brand new $60,000 car...yay....

/rantoff

1500 miles here and my driver seat squeaks, it’s driving me nuts.

Comes from somewhere in the back of the seat itself. One of these days I’ll remove the back to see what’s going on (supposedly falls off w/ headrest removal).

Good news is it seems to go away when I turn the radio up.

Tim

I swear by the store Michaels arts and crafts I believe its called. They are all over the US. They sell 9 x 11 sheets of felt in multiple colors. They are available in adhesive backed and without adhesive. I've used this felt with mostly great success with interior noises.

I just noticed a click flapping noise as I drive faster and airflow increases. Noise is coming from top of drivers side window area.

Reactions: TBrownTX
My driver’s seat makes a super annoying squeak and creaking sound. Took me about two weeks to figure it out.

It’s coming from inside the seat so not something I can likely adress myself. Hoping it stops on its own as things wear a little (1500 miles on the car).

Tim
Did you ever figure a fix to this? Having the same driver seat creaking sound but only in summer months. Random

Did you ever figure a fix to this? Having the same driver seat creaking sound but only in summer months. Random

I sure did, see this thread for the fix (at least to my issue).

Tim