Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Location of Houston Hotel Chargers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys!

I take delivery Monday. Me and my wife want to go to Houston and were wondering off hand if anyone is familiar with a hotel with a charger there? I tried doing a search on here and plugshare but maybe I am missing it but I can't find any. I figured I would ask before I go calling all these hotels asking.

EDIT: I found a Marriot on plugshare for 24 dollars a day for a 120v, wow that is super expensive. Still interested in hotel alternatives if you guys have them :p

Instead of calling hotels, try calling Bed & Breakfasts. I've had good luck with having them install a 14-50. At least you're dealing with the owners rather than just some employee.

Try calling the Tesla store. I believe they have placed three HPWCs with local hotels, although I'm not sure if all are active yet. Houstonian, Hotel Zaza, not sure of the third--Four Seasons maybe? Call first. I went to the Houstonian a few months ago and asked if they had an electric car plug. They said yes and directed me to a 110 plug. :)

There are hotels very close to the Houston Tesla store where you can park overnight. I live close to hotels, and I can let you charge at my highrise if I am at home.
Greg

- - - Updated - - -

You can also stop at the Supercharger in Columbus and range charge. Houston is about 80 mi from that SC. You can drive around Houston and make it back to the Columbus SC before returning to San Antonio.

There are several EvGo chargers in Houston where you can charge.

EDIT: I found a Marriot on plugshare for 24 dollars a day for a 120v, wow that is super expensive. Still interested in hotel alternatives if you guys have them :p
That must be a record high price, and should cause EV drivers to stay away from the hotel. I wonder if anyone has told them a Tesla would use less than 4 dollars of electricity charging from 120V over 24 hours, and a Leaf or Volt even less.

Two hotels in Dallas have made garage outlets available to me and neither charged me anything.