Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Logging paint issue on the app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We literally just picked up our new model 3. We did a full inspection and found a small paint chip. They asked us to log it on the Tesla app and it would be fixed. In our excitement we didn't check how to do that. Has anyone else done this? Do we put it through the "schedule service" option on the app? Do you know if they will come out to us? I took lots of pictures which clearly show we will still in the show area before we drove off.

Congrats on the new car :)

yes, "Schedule service" in the app. They won't do it with a local ranger, you'll need to take it to one of the service centres. If it's there overnight you'll get a loan car. The delivery chap should have recorded it in their handover notes too.

• Informative
Reactions: KaraGUK
We literally just picked up our new model 3. We did a full inspection and found a small paint chip. They asked us to log it on the Tesla app and it would be fixed. In our excitement we didn't check how to do that. Has anyone else done this? Do we put it through the "schedule service" option on the app? Do you know if they will come out to us? I took lots of pictures which clearly show we will still in the show area before we drove off.

Hi Change of subject, but can you tell us all if the latest model 3 have the low speed noise maker???

i am picking mine up next week and want to know.

Cheers

Yes, welcome to the club, I’m sure you’ll love your new car. Which model and colour did you get?

Reactions: KaraGUK
Whats the sequential part of your VIN start with?

@KaraGUK its the last 6 digits - probably starts with a 5 but may be a 4.

Only give out the first 3 though, so eg 520xxx, otherwise your vehicle unique ID becomes public knowledge. Not necessarily a bad thing as its printed in corner of windscreen, but best kept low key on public forums imho.

Also, two digits prior to that I'm a little curious of too as there was a recent change in model year on VIN. So will likely be KF. Largely academic as its rolling improvements rather than a facelift.