Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long delay opening new model X with phone key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds promising. I too have not been presented with an option to upgrade my key. I have MX2023 on 2024.2.3, HW4, iPhone 15pro max and ios17.3.1. Can anyone else confirm this solution has worked for them? I will try tomorrow.
UPDATE: Just tried the above and it did not work for me. I should add my Tesla app is v4.30.0. I guess we just have to hurry up and wait! Perhaps for 2024.2.6? I am in the Netherlands. I wonder if this is a region thing?

UPDATE: Just tried the above and it did not work for me. I should add my Tesla app is v4.30.0. I guess we just have to hurry up and wait! Perhaps for 2024.2.6? I am in the Netherlands. I wonder if this is a region thing?
so I realized I was looking in the wrong place this whole time. I was never "asked" to upgrade my phone key. I would search "nearby" in my setting and it would take me to "control nearby devices" settings. Since I did not see Tesla there, I assumed I did not have the update yet. This is the WRONG location in the iPhone settings. To see if you have tesla under UWB go here:
Settings > Privacy and Security > Nearby Interactions

My phone already had tesla under "nearby Interactions" and was already enabled for UWB.
I did not have to update my phone key and was never prompted to do so either.

Do you have to have update 2024.x.x to utilize UWB? My MXP is still on 2023.44.30.8 and my iOS Tesla app is 4.30.0. I don't see anything under iPhone > Settings > Privacy and Security > Nearby Interactions.

IMG_3104.jpg

I opened a Service Request anyways, maybe they'll push 2024.x.x to my MXP 😬

Sounds promising. I too have not been presented with an option to upgrade my key. I have MX2023 on 2024.2.3, HW4, iPhone 15pro max and ios17.3.1. Can anyone else confirm this solution has worked for them? I will try tomorrow.

FURTHER UPDATE: Tried with old iPhone 12. Still no key upgrade option. Therefore the issue is not the phone or phone app - it is with the car, car software or perhaps a phased implementation. I see 2024.2.7 is now being rolled out … will post again if / when I get UWB working. Meanwhile, any other tips / explanations / experiences would be most welcome!

FURTHER UPDATE: Tried with old iPhone 12. Still no key upgrade option. Therefore the issue is not the phone or phone app - it is with the car, car software or perhaps a phased implementation. I see 2024.2.7 is now being rolled out … will post again if / when I get UWB working. Meanwhile, any other tips / explanations / experiences would be most welcome!

Wonder if it is regional. I am in the US and the steps I posted work for me - I tried them again to be sure. I am on 2024.2.3 with a 2023 HW4 MXP, iPhone 14 Pro with 17.3.1 iOS and 4.30 Tesla app version.

Be sure to allow the app to always know your location, without allowing it when it asks after installing again and trying to pair key it doesn't ask for permission for nearby interactions. If you always allow location though right away another popup comes to also allow nearby interactions.

Phone key works so much better with UWB and I never got the prompt to upgrade it before either.

Hmm, looks like it might be US only for now. My 2024.2.3 s/w release notes list UWB as an upgrade but I am in the Netherlands. Posters from RO and AUS are also having the same issue but US not.

Is it common for release notes to show something that is not available in the region of the car?

Hmm, looks like it might be US only for now. My 2024.2.3 s/w release notes list UWB as an upgrade but I am in the Netherlands. Posters from RO and AUS are also having the same issue but US not.

Is it common for release notes to show something that is not available in the region of the car?
It’s possible in Australia. There are others in the forum that the upgrade prompt appeared for.
Still nothing for me.

Reactions: Danimal39
Now I have 2024.4.7.
It still does not work. I believe the problems are on the Ios/Tesla app, not the car.
I did not have the time to try my wife’s iphone yet.
Interesting. Tesla support called me yesterday, after the chat through the app, and told me they think there is an issue with the MAC address. They suggested to remove ALL phone keys from the car and delete and reinstall the app from all associated iPhones. When I get my car back from the body shop, if 2024.2.7 doesn’t solve the issue then I will try that. Feels like shooting in the wind but hey, what’s to loose by trying?!