Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long delay opening new model X with phone key

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I updated to app version 4.34.0 last night and now UWB doesn’t work with the app. Hands free trunk is not working. I tried to reset the app by doing your steps, but it doesn’t prompt me for Nearby Interaction permission.
Strange - I updated to 4.34.0 and have 2024.14.9 on a 2023 MXP but everything is still working. It does seem to be less sensitive though where I have to be much closer for doors to open so maybe there was a change.

For example I may have to take my phone out of my back pocket (iPhone 14 Pro) for the car to recognize I am there and unlock/open the doors whereas before it would start unlocking while I was walking to the car and still a few feet away with UWB. Maybe it has reversed to Bluetooth but the app still shows that it has the nearby interactions permission under privacy settings.

Strange - I updated to 4.34.0 and have 2024.14.9 on a 2023 MXP but everything is still working. It does seem to be less sensitive though where I have to be much closer for doors to open so maybe there was a change.

For example I may have to take my phone out of my back pocket (iPhone 14 Pro) for the car to recognize I am there and unlock/open the doors whereas before it would start unlocking while I was walking to the car and still a few feet away with UWB. Maybe it has reversed to Bluetooth but the app still shows that it has the nearby interactions permission under privacy settings.

Turns out it had probably reverted to Bluetooth and yesterday's app update to 4.34.1 restored UWB and sensitivity is back to normal.