Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long Range Price Reduction by £1k?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like LR had gone back to previous price and the SR+ has increased by £990 now - although digging into it I'm not sure if they have just changed how they are presenting the £990 destination and documentation fee?

Actually, yes, looks like it's just presentation at least for the LR (so price drop still stands). Not sure for SR+!

Screenshot_20200417-084015.png

Who knows what's going on really. All I know is that it can't be reassuring to see the prices ping pong like this. Tesla aren't doing themselves any favours by trying to obfuscate real pricing anyway (like how the "estimated savings" crap works).

SR+ shows as £40,490 (was £39,500), so I guess they are now including the £990 doc & delivery fee in the presented price, when they weren't before. The price at the bottom - when you select cash - remains the same.

LR shows as £46,990 (was £47,000, then £46,990 but with £990 added on after), now includes the £990 doc & delivery fee - so a £990 price drop. As with SR+ the price at bottom is the same.

P shows as £55,500, and when you click on it the price at the bottom shows £56,490 - so they're NOT including the doc & delivery fee in the presented price on that one.

I mean just lol. What on earth is going on here. I'm not convinced that Tesla don't even realise they've given the LR a £990 price drop.

And if they want the P to look cheaper than it actually is, why wouldn't you do the same with the SR+? It now just looks like it's had a £990 price hike.

• Informative
Reactions: bhav and ISKM3
Who knows what's going on really. All I know is that it can't be reassuring to see the prices ping pong like this. Tesla aren't doing themselves any favours by trying to obfuscate real pricing anyway (like how the "estimated savings" crap works).

SR+ shows as £40,490 (was £39,500), so I guess they are now including the £990 doc & delivery fee in the presented price, when they weren't before. The price at the bottom - when you select cash - remains the same.

LR shows as £46,990 (was £47,000, then £46,990 but with £990 added on after), now includes the £990 doc & delivery fee - so a £990 price drop. As with SR+ the price at bottom is the same.

P shows as £55,500, and when you click on it the price at the bottom shows £56,490 - so they're NOT including the doc & delivery fee in the presented price on that one.

I mean just lol. What on earth is going on here. I'm not convinced that Tesla don't even realise they've given the LR a £990 price drop.

And if they want the P to look cheaper than it actually is, why wouldn't you do the same with the SR+? It now just looks like it's had a £990 price hike.
Nice work on this comprehensive analysis!

You're right it's totally baffling. The economist in me sort of agrees with dynamic pricing to adjust to market fluctuations. And it made total sense to adjust to the revised (cliff edge) grant rules very quickly.

But this randomness/obfuscation is just strange

It was always £40,490 (I think) if you actually started to place an order, as the doc & delivery fee got added afterwards. The problem is to the untrained eye it looks like the SR+ has gone up in price.

At least that's my understanding, I don't even know for sure anymore.. Tesla seem to be changing these thngs around for shits and giggles.

Well, Tesla have finally got some consistency in the presentation of their prices. All of the models now include the £990 documentation and delivery fee in the presented price.

The whole "estimated savings" is a bit of a mess though, still. Apparently I can earn money owning a P?

Screenshot 2020-04-22 at 18.38.48.png

• Funny
Reactions: Medved_77 and bhav