Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, that one has the same specs as the 85B24LS I linked above but looks to have the correct SAE posts. I'd buy it to replace my OEM battery if it died. The two reviews seem to be contradicting each other though, with one implying it has SAE posts and the other that it has the smaller JIS posts. Unless one of the reviewers mistakenly bought or reviewed the wrong battery.
My conclusion too.

Yes I started getting them again... bummer.
Too bad. So much for that theory. I sent feedback to Tesla manual services since the only 12 volt limitation on the battery is one that is 33Ah or more. No mention of AGM or LiFePO4 with no mention neither should be used it should state in the manual as not recommended if there are problems. They have all kinds of limitations discussing tires and they should do the same in the battery section of specifications or else fix the software. Auto parts companies are starting to make after market batteries for Tesla (Advance Auto for example). So it is only a matter of time with cars coming off warranty. BTW, so far no issues using a 51R AGM. Pretty much the same charging graph as a standard Lead Acid.

I emailed Sean from Ohmmu asking for an update on Monday and have not gotten a reply. Anyone have luck and if so, can you update all of us unfortunates stuck with this persistent issue? Has anyone tried the warranty claim route and actually got a refund? I just might do this while warranty is still in place.

I emailed Sean from Ohmmu asking for an update on Monday and have not gotten a reply. Anyone have luck and if so, can you update all of us unfortunates stuck with this persistent issue? Has anyone tried the warranty claim route and actually got a refund? I just might do this while warranty is still in place.
I'm not surprised you haven't heard back from him. I think there are several of us in that same boat. As far as getting a refund. I think as long as you're within the 14 days of getting it you can return it for a refund but after that, the warranty only applies to swapping it out for a replacement battery while covered under the warranty period but with the situation here that nothing he has would work on swapping us out, I'm not sure what if anything will be offered. He'd likely claim that it was working fine when we bought it and Tesla changed the software on their end and made it incompatible so that's on Tesla.
We may just have to eat it on this one. :(

I take the silence as a big fat no. :( FWIW, Ohmmu still shows the Tesla battery out of stock for the Model 3 and Y. I"m just waiting for them to remove that product completely from their website. I feel like if they were testing a working solution we'd have heard something by now. It's been months!.

Hey guys… any updates?
This post
Ohmmu 12V Battery Feedback
Shows first trickle charging a V4 battery to full then installing with FSDBeta software 2022.12.3.20 with no warnings for at least 4 weeks now. I also have the same FSDBeta, did not trickle charge. My post is in that thread as well but bottom line my battery was god for about 4 hours then started tossing errors every few minutes and finally stayed active error and not charging. 12 volt charge dropped to 80% and I removed and put my 51R AGM back in. I did note a few findings. Both my AtlasBX flooded battery and AGM have a resting voltage around 12.7-12.9. Both charge to about 14.1 to 14.2. When I fully charged the V4, I let it sit for 2 days then took a reading. 14.09 volts. Makes me think the resting voltage is high enough to mess with the charging logic since the charge level is almost where the battery is already. I may reinstall when the next FSDBeta update comes out to see if any improvements. I will also note in the last post XMODEM240, the charge level was at 13.5v so I am wondering if messages will now be generated. BTW, I have sent all of this information to Ohmmu with no response. I asked if there was a way to dial back the resting voltage to emulate a lead battery. Also, this battery TESLA - 12V Lithium Battery | LithiumMoto mentions a resting voltage of 13.2. Also claiming no warnings. Maybe since its voltage is nearly that of a lead battery. This battery lists a nominal voltage of 12.8 Group-51R Lithium Car Battery No mention of Tesla compatibility yet but the size is right. Sent them a note if Tesla Model 3/Y testing.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
That's interesting LithiumMoto mentions "No software issues". As though they might be aware of the issues Ohmmu is having. You'd think Ohmmu would have figured out what has to be done to make it work if other companies are doing it.
There is one user on reddit who has had a lithiummoto for 4 months without any issues. promising? Edit: emailed the email address at the LithiumMoto website and seems like they say you have to live with battery reset periodically if the warning comes on.

Last edited:
I wonder which BMS is inside the Ohmmu battery. W/o an actual manual available it's hard to know what the batteries capable of. It's a nice lightweight case, but I would love to see inside. I guess no one wants to bust their almost $500 investment.

Guys and gals, I encourage everyone disappointed with their purchase to file a complaint with the Arizona Attorney General. https://www.azag.gov/complaints/consumer

I tried to file in my state (NJ) and referred me to above. You can copy/paste or revise what I wrote if you like:

Primary Party or Firm Information​

Name:
Ohmmu
Address:
10411 N 43rd St
Phoenix, AZ 85028
Phone:
480-244-3569
Email Address:
[email protected]
Website Address:
ohmmu.com

Complaint​

Please explain the entire circumstances surrounding your complaint below:
Business is not responding to my request to claim a warranty/refund due to failure of performance of product. Background: Product I purchased is a 12V Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP) battery marketed to specifically work for the Tesla Model 3, bought on November 19, 2021. Battery has a 4 year warranty. During that time, the warranty has no stated exclusion on any Tesla car software updates which could render the product incompatible. Product worked satisfactorily until Tesla introduced subsequent software updates to the car which now renderred the Ohmmu battery essentially unrecognized because the car now posts a warning that the battery needs to be replaced (despite it being new). Ohmmu support does not respond to email when asking how they would address this issue. I also emailed them about my intent to claim a warranty. Both cases, there was no response from Ohmmu. The only change I noticed on their website is the warranty has since been revised to exclude Tesla software updates. Further, they are no longer selling this product for the Tesla Model 3, with a claim on the website that it is now out of stock. Curiously, it's been out of stock ever since existing Model 3 customers started complaining about it.

I included my Ohmmu purchase email and Ohmmu's automatic email ack when I sent a warranty claim.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
And??? Let us know…
sorry for the hold up. Yeah so Sean contacted me in regards to the complaint I filed. He was very nice and said he was sorry it came to that but I explained since basically, he stopped communicating with any of us that we felt abandoned. He said he is still working on a V4+ and offered me one to test with. It's a V4 with a Bluetooth BMS that can be controlled with an app for resets, etc. Still probably not 100% fix but they seem to be still working on it and I told him that's really all we wanted to know.