Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's funny, especially since I don't even use the Tesla OEM rims. So I should be getting errors according to you, eh?
No, that’s not what I said, so you’re either being obtuse or trolling.

Does Tesla’s wheel configuration setting in the car allow you to choose custom rims or enter customised diameters, profiles, etc? No, it just lets you choose from the range of wheels they sell.

This is not analogous to “supporting third party modifications” at all.

Also, as should be obvious - wheels are just blocks of metal and rubber. Don’t know how Tesla would know they were different to OEM, whereas the battery system is fully managed by the vehicle, so a change in hardware (the battery) would be noticeable if it gave the wrong or different feedback than expected.

I should do more research before buying the Ohmmu. A few weeks after installed. Tesla issued a software update. Error messages showed up. I reach out to Sean and this is his reply...Not sure I will get my money back.'
Sent: Friday, February 11, 2022 11:57 AM
To: Frank Ma
Subject: Re: Problem with my order 13299

Hi Frank, what is your order date? We have stopped selling these since December due to an update that Tesla did which has lead to the exact issue you are referring to. We are working on a solution but if you ordered since beginning of December we are honoring return extension for that period of time. The solution we are working on is a hardware solution that will be provided for free to any existing owners of our Model 3/Y batteries (only effected platforms).
Have no fears. Sean is an absolutely rock solid guy.

Ohmmu is inviting Model3/Y users to test the correction model for the Ohmmu battery. If invited to test, the install is simple and a battery swap will be provided. There are a limited number of invites but if interested contact [email protected]
Are you testing and how is it progressing? Just logged on here to see if there was any progress. Still waiting. Haven’t heard anything from Ohmmu.

Ski

I am part of the beta test. Replaced the battery and installed module last weekend. All has been well since (i.e., warnings went away and haven't come back).
Keep us updated. There was some other posts that said the Tesla software would generate the error after 12 over voltage tests along with other criteria. No mention of the frequency of the over voltage tests. So it is possible the final result from your Beta testing the module may not be know for a few days.

Reactions: DFW_MVP
If Tesla had a "button" in the service menu to select type of 12 volt battery (lead acid, AGM EFB Lion etc) these issue would go away. If charging characteristics can change through software updates so can adjustments just like tire size. Submit via a bur report. On right scroll wheel press and say "Bug report add 12 volt battery type button to service menu." Such a move would reduce service calls and save money.

Tesla fixed the old 12V battery issues via a software update and replaced for free any of the 12V batteries of customers who were affected prior. I haven't seen any new 12V battery issue discussions pop up on this forum lately...except with Ohmmu lol.
Ok. After my first 2 Tesla OEM 12V batteries failed within a year, I replaced it with the Ohmmu.

Ohmmu's issues haven't caused me to not be able to use the vehicle, unlike the Tesla ones.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
Tesla fixed the old 12V battery issues via a software update and replaced for free any of the 12V batteries of customers who were affected prior. I haven't seen any new 12V battery issue discussions pop up on this forum lately...except with Ohmmu lol.
I'm getting a 12 volt battery replaced this week for an alert (I haven't seen it and I tested it a couple weeks ago and it passed). So clearly issues are still there. A small battery (51R) with 625 CCA (higher than any comparable battery I can find) is a lot of CCA in a small package and must cause problems. Hence Tesla's decision to switch to Lion.