Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else done the V4+ software update and installed back into their M3 or Y? What were your findings? Ohmmu sent out an e-mail today asking everyone to update their software even if did so a few days ago as updates have occurred. Ohmmu said what updating the software is pulled from the server not the app so updates can occur off of the phone.
My visitors leave soon and I’ll update and pop it in. I suspected this would happen so I left it out.

Reactions: Flybyglass
Still no Android app, or even a side-load apk available across the interweb. All stuck on v1.0 (whereas iOS is v2.0 now).

Nonetheless, seems the firmware updates, extreme profiles etc didnt solve a thing - unless Im reading the past two pages of fragmented info incorrectly.

PSA - its also possible to sign up for Beta access via Google Play Store but that too does nothing. Maybe it was there all along, havent noticed it before.

Reactions: Benjamin Brooks
Battery in at 90% 5:47am.

Attachments

• IMG_7244.png
    IMG_7244.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7243.jpeg
    IMG_7243.jpeg
    376 KB · Views: 60
In my classic X, the error / rejection showed in the main dashboard as a “replace 12v battery” banner message that would not clear. The first rejection took just over 2 weeks from first install (convenient timing, methinks) but even pulling the fireman’s loop AND the ground cable for a hard reset did not resolve it - the error would return much faster. Either within the initial charge cycle on booting up, within 6-8 hours, or definitely before 48 hours had elapsed.

This is on a less advanced vehicle that shouldn’t have ANY issue with this type of battery, and it is rejecting it rapidly. It’s a bad design.

In my classic X, the error / rejection showed in the main dashboard as a “replace 12v battery” banner message that would not clear. The first rejection took just over 2 weeks from first install (convenient timing, methinks) but even pulling the fireman’s loop AND the ground cable for a hard reset did not resolve it - the error would return much faster. Either within the initial charge cycle on booting up, within 6-8 hours, or definitely before 48 hours had elapsed.

This is on a less advanced vehicle that shouldn’t have ANY issue with this type of battery, and it is rejecting it rapidly. It’s a bad design.
I just posted about something similar in my '17 X as we got back from a 5300 miles (3 wk) road trip. Got the msg in the 1st week but luckily I have the monitor installed on my 12v so I can track it 24x7 and it gave me confidence. I pulled the 12v neg this morning below the firemans loop and was able to get rid of the msg. (swivel socket is almost required doing it that way).

Yup, that’s exactly where I pulled mine too. I already have another ground point near there for my accessories, so I’m familiar with that point. I suspect you will have the message again within a day or so. I was monitoring the battery using my inverter’s Bluetooth (nothing connected to the inverter) so I also knew the battery was just fine. I’m very disappointed in their design, not only do we not get the informational functions that seem to be part of the 3/Y… they have not been forthcoming on communication OR details about what might have been updated (if anything) AND they want the customer to keep paying for the shipping for their obviously beta-level product. This does not amuse me.

Reactions: DeepBlue3
I don’t have anything going right now. But yeah the HEPA removal etc a bit of a pain. Based on the new heater I doubt I can use this in the winter.

2023.20.9 installed currently.
Ohmmu was at 90% with Model Y profile.

No errors. It woke up around 1:05pm then went back asleep. I’ll check it here in a hour.
I did not reinstall my HEPA or cover as I am taking the less-likely outcome lol

Last edited:
It amazes me that so many are willing to tolerate this and endure all the constant BS for precisely zero tangible benefit.

Frankly I was looking for better / smoother performance of the falcon doors and less voltage drop when heavy users were operating, but I see now that the DC/DC should wake up BEFORE the doors are allowed to open anyway, and I was having an unrelated issue with my doors that the power did not resolve.

So while I was initially positive on the ideals of the lithium battery... Their execution has been underwhelming to say the least and I'm back with a factory AGM battery for $175 in my X.

Frankly I was looking for better / smoother performance of the falcon doors and less voltage drop when heavy users were operating, but I see now that the DC/DC should wake up BEFORE the doors are allowed to open anyway, and I was having an unrelated issue with my doors that the power did not resolve.

So while I was initially positive on the ideals of the lithium battery... Their execution has been underwhelming to say the least and I'm back with a factory AGM battery for $175 in my X.
I’ve had my frunk and trunk not close with my lead acid in winter so I was in a similar place. Also like dropping weight. It’s nice to know if the lead acid fails we aren’t stranded like with a ICE. Most my lead acid batteries only lasted 2 years in AZ and in WA they last a bit longer.

The car wakes up about every 2 hrs. Does a charge and goes to sleep. Sentry is not on.
I checked service mode. No Alerts.
I find the 2 hour waking cycle interesting. Check bacon 24 hours let us know if any messages warnings or if all normal. Ohmmumay have finally pushed an update that works. If there are errors, forward the data file to Ohmmu. They said anytime you use the app to update the software, it pulls the latest version from the server.