Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for a Push Bumper/Deer Catcher for a MX and/or MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Anthony R.

Supporting Member
After my wife hit a deer last week with my 2014 MS, I'm looking for options that won't break the bank for Push Bumpers or some other large bumper to mitigate any future deer strikes. Only potential options I've seen are police style push bumpers for the MY. Thoughts? Any reccomendations on mount points for one? Any way to retain AP1 functionality with one of these?

I just hit a deer with my 2013 MS 85. I haven't started tearing into it yet, will do that tonight, but the actual bumper (crash bar) that behind the bumper cover (nosecone) looks like it is steel. I'm thinking I could rig up either a Model Y brush guard or any of the generic brush guards that are commercially available. I'd make mine removable so I don't have it on the car all year. I only really need it for the few months of hunting season when the hunters are pushing the deer out of the woods and onto the road.

Reactions: Anthony R.
I just hit a deer with my 2013 MS 85. I haven't started tearing into it yet, will do that tonight, but the actual bumper (crash bar) that behind the bumper cover (nosecone) looks like it is steel. I'm thinking I could rig up either a Model Y brush guard or any of the generic brush guards that are commercially available. I'd make mine removable so I don't have it on the car all year. I only really need it for the few months of hunting season when the hunters are pushing the deer out of the woods and onto the road.
At least you Dont have to deal with the AP1 hardware so that should simplify your task there. My wife hit a deer with my 2014 MS P85. Waiting on the body shop to get the parts.

Attachments

• IMG_3993.jpeg
    IMG_3993.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3994.jpeg
    IMG_3994.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4011.jpeg
    IMG_4011.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 32
And we just finish out the last deer strike, literally this week... when my wife called tonight after hitting another deer in her Model X. Please, who can I go to to get a deer guard for at least her X? I can't find any solutions outside of 3 and Y Push bumpers and brush guards.