Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for rims and winter tire near Montreal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

Any shop recommandation for rims and winter tire(meh already?) near Montreal? I want to buy a second set of wheel, already have regular 19" tesla set for my summer tires but I am looking to put the Tesla rims on my winter tires and buy a better looking set of rims for the next summer. Was thinking about buying online but will Tesla install them for me or I will need to go somewhere else? Also looking at the 19" cyclone but not quite sure this is what I really want. Looked a lot of rims pics on the forum but there is not a lot of red cars on them... Looking for something more mate black maybe?

Anyway any help appreciated!

One solution in Montreal are these wheels. Which are much lighter than the OEM, about the same look, but a bit more glossy. Having them in black could be a better option.

"Replika r141a" Replika :: R141A

I got them there ( about 900K$+tx installed):

5208 Des Grandes Prairies St.Leonard, Montréal
(514) 323-1111

For the tires pressure sensors, I got them from tirerack (600$).

I went with the Michelin Xice3 for the tires (1300$+tx).

Total cost 2800$+tx CAD, still much cheaper than the tesla offer.

Fabien

Some info there too:
http://forum.roulezelectrique.com/forum/main-category/club-tesla-quebec-forum/petites-annonces/1151-roues-de-19-pour-tesla-s

Last edited:
FWIW, I ordered rims with pressure sensors installed from Tire Rack and had them delivered to my home. I purchased Nokian Hakka R2 tires locally (Kal Tire) and had them install and balance them. I can't speak highly enough of the Hakka R2's. They are fantastic and very noticeably better than the Tesla Pirelli winter tires that I had the opportunity to try (twice) with loaner cars.

One solution in Montreal are these wheels. Which are much lighter than the OEM, about the same look, but a bit more glossy. Having them in black could be a better option.

"Replika r141a" Replika :: R141A

I got them there ( about 900K$+tx installed):

5208 Des Grandes Prairies St.Leonard, Montréal
(514) 323-1111

For the tires pressure sensors, I got them from tirerack (600$).

I went with the Michelin Xice3 for the tires (1300$+tx).

Total cost 2800$+tx CAD, still much cheaper than the tesla offer.

Fabien

Some info there too:
http://forum.roulezelectrique.com/f...etites-annonces/1151-roues-de-19-pour-tesla-s

Thanks for the links!

The replika look way too much like the original tesla one... Really looking for something different. These look like normal car stock rims, friend got a Dodge Avenger and he have almost the same look.

I recently ordered the Rial 19" turbine knock-offs, X-Ices, & TPMS from Tire Rack and they're waiting at CBIUSA in Niagara Falls for me. Total US was ~$2100, which with exchange and taxes to bring them back will be around the same as the Tesla package but with better looking rims and better tires (from what I've read anyway):
Size & DescriptionQtyAvailabilityPrice EachItem Total
19X8.5 RIAL LUGANO OE CAP GRAPH SILV
4In Stock$199.00$796.00
REQUIRED LUGBOLT FOR VEHICLE (BLACK)
20In StockN/CN/C
LUG ADAPTER
1In StockN/CN/C
MODIFIED 433MHZ TIRE PRESSURE SENSOR
4In Stock$77.00$308.00
245/45R-19 MICHELIN X-ICE XI3 XL
DOWNLOAD WARRANTY BROCHURE PDF
4In Stock$229.36$917.44
MOUNT AND BALANCE (NO CHARGE)
4In StockN/CN/C
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]

They are more glossy than the OEM but, after a quick drive in the snow, it is harder to tell the difference.

IMG_20141219_170442271.jpg
IMG_20150111_112813328_HDR.jpg

They are more glossy than the OEM but, after a quick drive in the snow, it is harder to tell the difference.

Very nice, they almost look like they are slight further out and filling the wheel wells better than OEM.

I've got a line on a local set of these rims, but wondered about the particulars of the mounting.

What else did you need to mount them?
What about the Hub Ring, Nuts, Socket?

Very nice, they almost look like they are slight further out and filling the wheel wells better than OEM.

I've got a line on a local set of these rims, but wondered about the particulars of the mounting.

What else did you need to mount them?
What about the Hub Ring, Nuts, Socket?

Hello all, my first post here...

I actually work for the parent company (Fastco) that makes these wheels and can tell you that:

1. You can re-use the OEM lug nuts
2. Most standard 21mm sockets will fit into the lug pockets (as long as the O.D. is no larger than 31mm)
3. You will need centering rings to ensure that the wheels center correctly on the hubs - dimension is 72.6mm outer to 64.1mm inner
4. You can also use OEM TPMS sensors in these wheels should you so desire

If you or anyone else here has more wheel/tire questions I'd be happy to help. Meanwhile you will probably find me wandering around the Model 3 forum, can't wait to get my reservation in!!