Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for wall charger wirebox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received a "gift" of a second wall charger gen 3, without the Wirebox. It's mostly used for wires coming OVERHEAD as opposed to from beneath. I have no idea where to find one. Maybe people who did not use their's can sell me one.

Attachments

• Tesla Wirebox.png
    Tesla Wirebox.png
    164.9 KB · Views: 123
I installed a gen 3 connector and that is not an optional part. Anyone who has a gen 3 connector will have to use it to install theirs. Earlier versions had an optional extension that could go behind the connector but the gen 3 does not.

Your best bet is probably to contact Tesla and see if you can get it straight from them. I think the bulk of the connector price is in the electronics and cable that is in the front part so it should be way less than half the price of the whole thing.

Or wait for someone to sell parts from one that fried their electronics or had a bad cable.

Either way, you're better off posting in either the Charging Infrastructure (Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure) or Marketplace (Marketplace | Tesla Motors Club) sections rather than an individual model section.

• Informative
Reactions: ra88it
I installed a gen 3 connector and that is not an optional part. Anyone who has a gen 3 connector will have to use it to install theirs. Earlier versions had an optional extension that could go behind the connector but the gen 3 does not.

Your best bet is probably to contact Tesla and see if you can get it straight from them. I think the bulk of the connector price is in the electronics and cable that is in the front part so it should be way less than half the price of the whole thing.

Or wait for someone to sell parts from one that fried their electronics or had a bad cable.

Either way, you're better off posting in either the Charging Infrastructure (Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure) or Marketplace (Marketplace | Tesla Motors Club) sections rather than an individual model section.
Thanks.
Actually contacted Tesla and no luck. Will try the the other forums. Another strategy .. go to my cousin's old house and see if the backing is still on a wall or storage. The new people won't need it ...

Thanks.
Actually contacted Tesla and no luck. Will try the the other forums. Another strategy .. go to my cousin's old house and see if the backing is still on a wall or storage. The new people won't need it ...

Are you sure its a gen 3 and not a gen 2? The gen 3 has only been out for around ~3 months. Did your cousin buy a brand new charger, install it and then remove it in the course of 3 months?

If you end up having a gen 2, I have a spare backing you are welcome to.

Thanks.

Sell it to the user who asked for it. $300 sounds right.

Why were you given a partial unit? Do you have reason to think it work?

Then you can go up $200 and get a new unit, if you want. You don't need a wall connector to get faster charging. They sell $20 adapters to the connector (UMC) that comes with the car.