Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loose panel: warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The panel in front of steering wheel is slightly loose and rattles. It's located right above the speedometer/gauge. You can see where it's loose and it rattles during low speed. I thought of just sticking some paper in it, but afraid it'll just go all the way in. I can probably stick a thin piece of double side tape to prevent the rattling, but that's just a bandage.

Just picked up 2015 85d with 30k miles. Has Tesla warranty.

The advisor says it's not covered in the warranty.

Thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance,

It’s probably missing a screw or clip fastener.

I know rattles aren’t covered, but you might coax them to check for missing fasteners...

Man. That's sucks. Glad I bought used. If I spent $110k for a car to be acting like this, Id be pissed. Out of over 20 cars I've had with various mileage, I've never had any interior trim pieces rattle.

Say it's is a missing fastener, would that be covered?

So, they waived the fee to fix the loose panel.
Probably because the app alerted me to pick up the car and I went. But when I got there 40 minutes after the alert, the car wasnt ready nor washed.

Then literally after inspecting the car and about to take off, autopilot feature unavailable pops up.

So, car is back in for service again. I'm going to have a loaner car longer than Ive owned my car after Sunday

Last edited:
I had some missing clips in the Frunk, some were lost by the Ranger doing the steering bolt recall.

I used the EPC to identify, Google to repair the ones remaining. I bought few from the SC. Goodwill saved, for when I really need it.