Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of all sound inside the cabin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone ever lost all sound coming form the car inside the cabin? It’s now happened to me three times and has something to do with my cell phone, when I make a call and want to switch from Bluetooth to my own phone. It somehow freaks out and then all sound goes off including turn signals, alerts, sounds, radio, everything. I have reset it and it works but there has to be an easier fix.

Has this happened to anyone else and how do I avoid and fix it?

Thanks

Happened to me today, was streaming music from my phone when I got a text and everything went silent. No sound from the blinkers either.. Fixed it by getting out of the car and walking away until I heard the horn honk. Firmware version 2020.48.10.

Happened to me yesterday as well. My phone was on the charger and I used the MY voice to try to make a call when everything went silent... I lost music streaming and checked and nav voices stopped and warning chimes stopped. I parked and did a screen reboot and everything was fine after that.

Has anyone ever lost all sound coming form the car inside the cabin? It’s now happened to me three times and has something to do with my cell phone, when I make a call and want to switch from Bluetooth to my own phone. It somehow freaks out and then all sound goes off including turn signals, alerts, sounds, radio, everything. I have reset it and it works but there has to be an easier fix.

Has this happened to anyone else and how do I avoid and fix it?

Thanks
Hi, I am having the same problem with the delivery of a brand new Tesla Y 2021. What was done to fix the glitch? The "engineers" at Tesla have no idea why my car keeps doing that

I had this happen to me over the weekend. First drive of any length and stopped at a supercharger to top up. When we left, we had lost all sound into and out of the car. For example, we could not use any voice commands (got a message like "The microphone is unavailable") and no sound from indicators, radio, etc. Had to reboot the screen to get this working again.

It's the opposite for me. My iPhone's build-in speaker goes mute as sound gets routed to my car by default.

This isn't necessarily bad for phone calls, but it also happens when I'm trying to play a quick game of solitaire on my iPhone. The car isn't set to stream audio from my iPhone so I don't get any audio at all.

This doesn't happen when I'm watching something on Netflix or Youtube on my car. In that case, my iPhone isn't trying to stream audio to my car so the built-in speaker is active.