Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loss of Steering Control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just experienced a momentary loss of steering control while exiting a freeway off ramp on my 2022 M3LR. The computer beeped twice and the steering wheel froze for about one second, and then went back to normal. The touch screen didn't indicate any malfunction. I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone else?

I might have been taking the off ramp curve a little too fast. I get the same two loud beeps if a car cuts in front of me a little too close. It's the steering wheel freezing up that's got me a little concerned.
It's not freezing, it's nudging you back in the lane because you're straddling the line or about hit a car in your blind spot.

If you don't like feeling that you could turn it off in the menus.

Reactions: android04
My 2022 M3LR tried to swerve me into neighbors yard in broad daylight, that in addition to trying to put me into the concrete barrier on a hilltop at sunset. Bad thing is that collision avoidance even if deactivated will become active the next drive. Messed up, never AP in these cars, such a letdown compared to my 2015 one camera Model S, that car at least navigated the freeways without a problem. Elon's megalomaniacal antics lost Tesla a lot of talent and it sure shows.