Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost all sounds. Reboot is not helping

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

No42

Jun 25, 2018
WA
My car lost all the sounds including audio, blinker, warning tones, etc... this morning.
It is happening just after I start the car.
Happened last week as well and the sevice center was able to fix it only after some hard reset from frank area.

Issue started to happen after 2019.16.2 update.

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
My car lost all the sounds including audio, blinker, warning tones, etc... this morning.
It is happening just after I start the car.
Happened last week as well and the sevice center was able to fix it only after some hard reset from frank area.

Issue started to happen after 2019.16.2 update.
You tried the reboot and power off stuff?

Reboot/power off is not helping. Last time SC made some black magic from Frank (maybe disconnected/reconnected something).

Wondering if this is 16.2 bug or I got some HW problem.

Thanks

16.2 is the buggiest yet for me. Homelink stopped working, Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance cannot be permanently disabled, screen is frozen every morning after deep sleep. Waiting for the next firmware update. Updates fix something and break others.

Reactions: super20g and KenC
16.2 is the buggiest yet for me. Homelink stopped working, Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance cannot be permanently disabled, screen is frozen every morning after deep sleep. Waiting for the next firmware update. Updates fix something and break others.
Homelink stopped working for me as well with this update. Others have experienced this as well. Try reboot and if that doesn’t help just repair your garage remote with the car. You don’t need to delete your settings-there’s an option to just re-pair your garage remote.

Homelink stopped working for me as well with this update. Others have experienced this as well. Try reboot and if that doesn’t help just repair your garage remote with the car. You don’t need to delete your settings-there’s an option to just re-pair your garage remote.
I did a reboot and Homelink is working so far.

Reactions: C141medic
Yeah, it's been buggier for me than 8.5. I skipped all the other versions and went straight to 16.2. First time on highway since update, and within 3 miles, AP and TACC became disabled, meaning I got a message saying they were unavailable. Next 20 miles I drove without cruise before it became available again. Then 2 more times, AP just flaked off while doing nothing in particular. Never happened like that on 8.5.

Anyhow, the rest of my trip today, was fairly uneventful, until a backup on the interstate where several cars barely missed getting rear-ended. Turns out a car stopped on the left-side shoulder of I95, to chase a dog that had gotten loose, and run across the interstate on the other side. The owner/driver ran into the lanes on the other side and was waving like a madman. Lucky not to get killed. I mean, what was he thinking? The dog was going to do what the dog was going to do, regardless of what the owner did, but stopping on the left shoulder and nearly causing a pileup was ridiculously dangerous, and then running into the other lanes and nearly causing another pileup, was beyond ridiculous. The only way the dog could have gotten out was thru the car window. In other words, the owner was at fault. Totally reckless.

From what I have seen in my short ownership period of two months, they fix one and break another each update.

Reactions: super20g
I see you (No42) live in WA. If you're close to the Bellevue Service Center off NE 20th, I'd recommend just driving over there and talking to a service advisor personally. I had an issue with my audio last week (rear speakers started cycling on and off ever second or so), and they took care of it on the spot. They have a couple of mechanics sitting behind the service advisors to help with walk-in issues like this. One of them went right out to my car with his laptop, and reseated the audio connectors and the issue was fixed within minutes. Granted, I had to drive over there, but once there they really did try to resolve the issue and quickly. (Also, just as a side note, I find that being pleasant with the service advisors goes a long way). For what you're dealing with, I wouldn't accept a service appointment that is a month out...