Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost bass speakers and rear channels I only get a cyclic thump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lost all sound in rear and bass today
Wait. You lost all sound in back? Did you use the balance to remove any front sound, or was it just much quieter with the subs not working?

Typically if you can two thumb reset to fix it, than it isn't the issue I was talking about when I started this thread. My regional Support rep said the engineers think if you can reset to fix it, than it is a software issue that can be fixed in an update. No service call required.

-Randy

This happened to me last week, a day or two after update to 5.15. Exact symptoms as listed in OP, right as I got off a phone call. Was going to reset when I got to where I was going, but a few minutes later I received another phone call and everything came back, a split second before the phone started ringing. Problem has not recurred since. Weird.

Also lost bass and rear speakers since the last update. Happened twice and a reset brought it back.

Then autohold stopped working the other night. Reset didn’t bring it back. But shutting car off from the main screen brought it back.

Car was pretty much perfect until the latest update.

I wonder if the updates are like iPhone/ iPad updates. You get new features with each update... but eventually you need new hardware (switch from an iPhone 8 to and XS) otherwise the new updates cause glitches or crashes.

These updates will probably eventually mean we need to upgrade to HW3 to avoid odd glitches like this.

• Informative
Reactions: Jtt777
Has anyone this has happened to noticed an improvement with new firmware? I've had it happen a couple of times also in exactly the same way as described by others. Place or received a phone call and afterward, lost all the low-end bass from the stereo on all FM and streaming stations. Can't say if all the rear speakers went out, but the subwoofer was out for sure. Reset solved the problem.

I just got 19.8.5 and the bass still disappears, not the speaker loss that this topic is about, that hasn't happened since I did the full car reset when it slept overnight. That initial issue hasn't returned, but everyone else on this thread seems to be speaking of the bass dropping out that I also mistook for the titular issue on my LA trip. The Tech told me he was getting a LOT of reports of this and the Engineers thought it was SW vs HW. Sadly it wasn't a SW fix that made it into the latest release, but I do love watching the car drive me places these days.

-Randy

I just got 19.8.5 and the bass still disappears, not the speaker loss that this topic is about, that hasn't happened since I did the full car reset when it slept overnight. That initial issue hasn't returned, but everyone else on this thread seems to be speaking of the bass dropping out that I also mistook for the titular issue on my LA trip. The Tech told me he was getting a LOT of reports of this and the Engineers thought it was SW vs HW. Sadly it wasn't a SW fix that made it into the latest release, but I do love watching the car drive me places these days.

-Randy
Still happening to me :(

Turn off Bluetooth so your phone doesn't wake the car and then turn off the car in the service menu and get out. Wait about 25 minutes and then start it up again and you will have done a power rail reset, this should happen every night, but just in case you may have third party apps keeping the car awake. See if that fixes it. My car hasn't had that issue in months and months. If it still happens it's time for a service call.

Turn off Bluetooth so your phone doesn't wake the car and then turn off the car in the service menu and get out. Wait about 25 minutes and then start it up again and you will have done a power rail reset, this should happen every night, but just in case you may have third party apps keeping the car awake. See if that fixes it. My car hasn't had that issue in months and months. If it still happens it's time for a service call.
Tried that, tried everything. Factory reset, disconnected 12v and main battery pack. Still get the rear speakers cutting in and out, sometimes fully off and my mic doesn’t work for calls either. Driving me insane

Had this issue back in the summer. For two days a repeated intermittent loud click sound followed by temporary (5-6 sec) loss of sound from back speakers in including subwoofer. Reset did not resolve it. After two days lost all sound in back. SC replaced back amplifier and worked again after.