Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost Saved Locations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my Model 3 for over a year, and the other day I hit "Navigate" then "Work" as I normally do, and it prompted me for my work address. My work address had been stored successfully for over a year, and now it was gone. Same goes for Home and Favorites (there was also no recent location history). I re-entered them and later realized they were gone again. I rebooted to see if that would help, but they disappeared yet again. I got 2019.16.2 a few weeks ago, so that can't be it, entirely. I did, however, decide to live on the edge and switch my Software Update preference to "Advanced" around the time this started happening. I switched back to "Standard" Software Update and rebooted yesterday. This morning my locations were still there. Coincidence? It doesn't feel like it. Anybody else experience lost locations?

Well, at least that was transient. It turns out I was wrong about the "Software Update" theory. I'm still losing my locations occasionally even with the Software Update set to Standard. The real bummer is that I want Sentry Mode on in all locations except Home and Work. Since it loses those, Sentry Mode is always on and fills up my 24GB flash drive in just a few days. I'll keep trying things to see if I can figure out what really changed to start this. In all likelihood, I'll just cross my fingers that a software update fixes it.

After V10 did nothing to address this, I finally filed a ticket through the Tesla app. A technician called me and I reproduced the issue while on the phone with him. He called me back a few days later and told me my issue had been fixed remotely. I pulled up my recent history, and the destinations from the last few days were there (something I hadn't see since the summer).

It sounded like they just needed to restart/reset some processes to get this working again, but he didn't have the details. Perhaps it was something corrupted in NVM that caused this, because rebooting and software updates didn't solve the problem. Good to know that issues like this can be addressed completely remotely - no service visit needed.

thanks. I address exactly same issue of lost my recently address ands home/working address as welll. So base on your words, I just need ticket via app to let them help me remotely? Have you had same experience after that? Thanks.

Is that like a request a service? Thanks. Please advice.

After V10 did nothing to address this, I finally filed a ticket through the Tesla app. A technician called me and I reproduced the issue while on the phone with him. He called me back a few days later and told me my issue had been fixed remotely. I pulled up my recent history, and the destinations from the last few days were there (something I hadn't see since the summer).

It sounded like they just needed to restart/reset some processes to get this working again, but he didn't have the details. Perhaps it was something corrupted in NVM that caused this, because rebooting and software updates didn't solve the problem. Good to know that issues like this can be addressed completely remotely - no service visit needed.