Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Louisville, KY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked the TM Supercharger page a minute ago. The 2015 map shows the completed eastern KY route (Knoxville, London, Lexington, Cincy) and also 2 red dots in western KY - probably Elizabethtown and Louisville. The chances of using ZAPNZIP to Chicago in November are looking better. Maybe some western KY spies can start checking?

Yes but Elizabethtown and Louisville were also on the "by end of 2014" map as well.

I really need this SC online. I have 18 known trips from Nashville to Indy over the next few years for business. KY is such an absolute black hole for EVs.

There are still many trips, especially thru Southeast, where you can do the trip using SC and/or ChaDemo but will need to go quite a bit out of your way. No so much of a problem for old retired guys, but can be a no-go when travelling for business.

It's all relative in positional terms. OTOH, Paducah - that would be really, really western and I know you'd love that (and so would I :biggrin:).

Hey, Paducah is a fine western Kentucky town at the confluence of the Ohio and Tennessee Rivers.

I learned to weld in a tow boat dry dock in Paducah. I'd love to go back and Supercharge there one day. I still remember helping with the overhaul of a 12-cylinder, 24-piston, supercharged, 2-cycle, diesel, tow-boat engine at that same dry dock. That's where I learned what a Supercharger was... :biggrin:

I wish the Paducah Supercharger were completed this year. It does complete the best path for the St. Louis and Iowa folks to make it to Florida.

According to plugshare, there's nothing quick between Louisville and Nashville. Anyone know of any hidden DCFC somewhere in central KY? The gap from Nashville to Lexington is (maybe) too long for a P85D, unless I stop at a campground for 2 hours.

I charged at Elizabethtown Crossroads Campground (the one mentioned by Fezzik) a couple of weeks ago. I used the NEMA 14-50 at site #35, $10 for as long as you want. Only problem was the circuit breakers kept tripping, even after I turned the amps down to 25. I stopped after about 2.5 hours of interrupted charging. So I wouldn't use site 35 if you have any choice.

Another option that didn't pan out for me were the free J1772s at Kentucky One Medical Center Jewish South. It was right after a rain storm and neither one was working well. However it looks like one of them was working okay more recently for someone else.

According to plugshare, there's nothing quick between Louisville and Nashville. Anyone know of any hidden DCFC somewhere in central KY? The gap from Nashville to Lexington is (maybe) too long for a P85D, unless I stop at a campground for 2 hours.

As others have pointed out Kentucky has a statewide zoning restriction limiting DCFC to "gas stations".

This seems like a good option from Lex or New London to Nashville

Westmoreland Family Clinic
100 Mallard Sunrise Dr Suite B
Westmoreland, TN 37186

Phone (615) 390-2171

1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
Available to the public. Self park.

Hey, Paducah is a fine western Kentucky town at the confluence of the Ohio and Tennessee Rivers.

I learned to weld in a tow boat dry dock in Paducah. I'd love to go back and Supercharge there one day. I still remember helping with the overhaul of a 12-cylinder, 24-piston, supercharged, 2-cycle, diesel, tow-boat engine at that same dry dock. That's where I learned what a Supercharger was... [emoji3]

I wish the Paducah Supercharger were completed this year. It does complete the best path for the St. Louis and Iowa folks to make it to Florida.
Until Paducah is online what is the best solution getting from St Louis to Nashville?
Westmoreland Family Clinic
100 Mallard Sunrise Dr Suite B
Westmoreland, TN 37186

Phone (615) 390-2171

1 Tesla Connector, up to 80A.
Available to the public. Self park.

I wish it wouldn't be Harrah's. It's not right off the interstate and and it can take 10 mins to get there from the exit (4-5 miles off interstate with traffic lights and a very slow speed limit and constantly patrolled by police pulling people over.. I still would think it better to have it at Huddle house there at the metropolis exit. Exit 3 (West side) would be better with a gas station and a few restaurants and hotel. Exit 4 (Either side but west is better with mall walking access) would be best with all the restaurants there and hotels.

I wish it wouldn't be Harrah's. It's not right off the interstate and and it can take 10 mins to get there from the exit (4-5 miles off interstate with traffic lights and a very slow speed limit and constantly patrolled by police pulling people over.. I still would think it better to have it at Huddle house there at the metropolis exit. Exit 3 (West side) would be better with a gas station and a few restaurants and hotel. Exit 4 (Either side but west is better with mall walking access) would be best with all the restaurants there and hotels.

The discussion about Harrah's was for a destination charger, not the Supercharger location.

For Destination Chargers, work on both places to get on the Tesla Destination Charger Program; it's not either/or.

I pushed hard on Tesla via email regarding the unacceptable speed of development of the I-65 corridor SC network. Good news in the response. Quote below.

"We are excited to share that we have identified properties in the Bowling Green and Louisville, KY and we even hope to begin construction in Louisville in the coming weeks."