Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loving the great sunny weather this month in the west

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
Man is it great for solar to have no rain so fair in Feb. Solar is way higher than expected. How are others doing?

solar1.jpg

Just wait until a big outage hits his area.

Fun article from the WSJ about how people are getting battery backup.

Last edited:
Reactions: jboy210 and h2ofun
Your high production days in February from sunny days and no rain are going to be offset from by the smokey days in the summer and fall due to no rain.

We've already had smaller wildfires down here in February which is pretty crazy.

At the rate we’re going, the nuclear war with Russia and China will blot out the sun as well.

There will definitely be a chip shortage and TP shortage during that time.

big red freeze warning in the NWS for my area. It does not activate Stormwatch
I thought they only activated Stormwatch when the weather was such that the power was forecast to be interrupted. Hard to see how cold in the valley would be low enough to do that.

Also, good sun for us today. Powerwalls at 100% and sending excess solar to the grid.

I thought they only activated Stormwatch when the weather was such that the power was forecast to be interrupted. Hard to see how cold in the valley would be low enough to do that.

Also, good sun for us today. Powerwalls at 100% and sending excess solar to the grid.
Right - I was just checking whether the freeze warning triggered SW which it does not. I could see how freezing rain might be a threat to power

i'm doin' real good thanks to this:

View attachment 772983

that's what's left of a 50ft cedar tree that used to shade the panels from oct-march every year. tree company can't come till early march to grind it up.

20kwh vs 16kwh the year before on the day after the tree fell.

View attachment 772986

Your graph looks like ours! And for the same reason, but an Oak instead of a Pine.

Not that we would want to, but the city will not let us cut down heritage trees (those that you cannot wrap your arms around the trunk.). And it would take 3-4 people holding hands to go around the Oak.