Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low tire pressure warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is start of driving and after driving a while.
IMG_1247.jpeg
IMG_1249.jpeg

Are Tesla cars unable to measure or detect their tire pressures before they get out of garage in the morning even their electrical system are turned on? Then, the low pressure alert systems appears useless. It is hard to believe.
Not exactly. It is nice to know when you run over something while driving and a tire is losing pressure.
Does any car measure the way you describe? The only TPMS equipped cars I have ever driven won't read the pressure until after driving for a short period of time.

After you set the pressure, reset your TPM...chances are the TPM is still set for 42 or 45 psi unless you have reset it. .
It appears I can not do this when I finish inflating tires but have to be driving. Correct? I added air at a gas station near my house(2mile away) , back to my garage and tried it(tapped "Reset TPMS") but nothing happened.

If you don’t believe it....swipe left over to the pressure monitor screen before you put it in drive and start driving.... and see when it updates/registers.
Does this mean psi can be displayed on control panel? Anyway, the manual said if screen is swiped left, tire pressure is displayed around CARD area. I could not have this to happen.

Not exactly. It is nice to know when you run over something while driving and a tire is losing pressure.
Does any car measure the way you describe? The only TPMS equipped cars I have ever driven won't read the pressure until after driving for a short period of time.
Yes, Chrysler car I once owned did just that: I turned ignition in my garage in the morning and low tire pressure warning was displayed. I drove to a nearest gas station, added air and the display was gone. It was real time action.

Reactions: rickdogg82
It appears I can not do this when I finish inflating tires but have to be driving. Correct? I added air at a gas station near my house(2mile away) , back to my garage and tried it(tapped "Reset TPMS") but nothing happened.

Does this mean psi can be displayed on control panel? Anyway, the manual said if screen is swiped left, tire pressure is displayed around CARD area. I could not have this to happen.

Yup...exactly as shown in the pics that JulienW posted above.