Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Used Model S Inventory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed a reduction in the available Used Model S (specifically the Performance model) on the Tesla Used Inventory? Are they trying to push more new car sales (which there are none in existing inventory) for the quarter end numbers?

No production for 3 months = no new cars and less used cars. Also, after the refresh was revealed, lots of people probably decided to go ahead and get used - either for cost, since the refresh is a big price increase, or things like yoke steering scared them off.
There aren't many used cars period.
Not as many new cars being produced as the market wants because of chip issues.
So many reasons for few used S's available - and none of those are a quarterly issue.

I forgot about the chip issue. Well the timing will work for me if they can get production going. There are going to be people waiting to unload their used cars once the refresh models start getting produced. I was watching a car in Hawaii. Price dropped to 64,100 and then Tesla bumped it to like 73k and has been slowly lowering it and the smaller used market is my guess as to why they increased it.

Currently this is the USA used inventory:

Model S qty 2
Model 3 qty 11
Model X rty 0
Model y qty 0

I have been watching Tesla's used inventory for over 2 years now and I have never seen the numbers this low. Where are all the used cars going? It's almost like Tesla is getting out of the used car business.

• Informative
Reactions: All In
Plenty of used vehicles available outside of Tesla. Due to no new vehicle production for nearly a half year now they used car inventory is drastically lowered currently. Why limit yourself to one source?
I am not limited to Tesla, and I am not looking to buy but I like looking at current prices and inventory. This is the lowest inventory I have seen on Tesla's website in several years. Something is up??

I am not limited to Tesla, and I am not looking to buy but I like looking at current prices and inventory. This is the lowest inventory I have seen on Tesla's website in several years. Something is up??
Yes, something is up, Tesla hasn’t built a new model s since December.
which means less people are trading in their used model for a new one, but also some people probably dislike the new design and decided to purchase a used one, thus draining Teslas used inventory that’s not being replenished.

Also throw in the fact that teslas trade in quotes are most of the time insultingly bad, that’s sure to keep their used inventory low.

Reactions: Ostrichsak