Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Refreshed M3P on H&R (Part no. 28659-1) 1.2 inches lower front and rear. Looks okay, but would look more completed with a nice spacer add-on.
This looks great - thanks for sharing!

I should be taking delivery on my M3P end of the month and have the H&R 28659-1 springs pegged to order right away. What are your thoughts on change in ride quality? Any issues bottoming out?

Definitely agree on some spacers to complete the look.

This looks great - thanks for sharing!

I should be taking delivery on my M3P end of the month and have the H&R 28659-1 springs pegged to order right away. What are your thoughts on change in ride quality? Any issues bottoming out?

Definitely agree on some spacers to complete the look.
A little bit harsher ride. But when compensating with less boaty and much firmer in the corner, it is worthwhile. I can feel less air coming through underbody when speeding.

Since ground clearance is only an inch higher than a credit card size, I have got some minuscule bottoming out from time to time that I need to avoid sharping corner ramp.

Attachments

• 20210814_143948.jpg
    20210814_143948.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 397
Wow, surprised they put 235/35/20 on those stock wheels. Going with 245/35/20, I know, like 1% and .3" difference in diameter, such extra little sidewall...but still. Guess you have to be careful with any 20 on these cars unless you are running 255 + which isn't recommended.

With that said, was thinking of putting some Riaction coilovers on. Typical Asian branded setup, but the spring rates are around 10k F/ 8k R or 560lbs and 448lbs respectively. Which I don't think is that much more than stock, plus 32 clicks of adjustability, steel monotube shock...for the money with a discount, like $950 delivered. Plus infinite adjustment to get the ride height just right.

Looks good though. How is the ride in general? Noise? Thanks
Is there a discount code?

So, I’m slightly confused on the topic of lowering springs.. My Tesla is a 2018 LR AWD with stock 18” Aero Rims

I’m leaning towards Eibach Springs (with sway bars) over H&R Springs.

Some spring manufacturers have the same springs for LR AWD & Performance AWD.

Eibach has two products:
Drop on the Eibach for M3 Performance is:
Front Drop: 1.0 Inch
Rear Drop: 1.4 Inch

Drop on the Eibach LR AWD is:
Front Drop: 0.9 in
Rear Drop: 1.0 in

Why the difference? I was under the assumption that the weight and motors are the same for both LR AWD & Performance.

Could I put the M3P Eibach on my LR AWD? Will there be a rake?

Reactions: Dysan911
So, I’m slightly confused on the topic of lowering springs.. My Tesla is a 2018 LR AWD with stock 18” Aero Rims

I’m leaning towards Eibach Springs (with sway bars) over H&R Springs.

Some spring manufacturers have the same springs for LR AWD & Performance AWD.

Eibach has two products:
Drop on the Eibach for M3 Performance is:
Front Drop: 1.0 Inch
Rear Drop: 1.4 Inch

Drop on the Eibach LR AWD is:
Front Drop: 0.9 in
Rear Drop: 1.0 in

Why the difference? I was under the assumption that the weight and motors are the same for both LR AWD & Performance.

Could I put the M3P Eibach on my LR AWD? Will there be a rake?

I'm trying to figure this part out myself. Has anyone with a LR AWD used either one of the Eibach springs?

Sorry to hear that. Did you trim the bump stops? Also did you reuse the factory spring isolators?
This is part of why no one with much experience in suspension tuning seriously recommends lowering springs on the model 3. You're going to be on the bump stops a lot, you're often times going to get spring noise, and you're not really solving the biggest problem which frankly is the shocks particularly their very poor rebound control. Get an MPP coilover kit. The money you think you're saving is not going to pay for all the grief you're going to experience.

Reactions: Firehuntah
Any SR+ owners out there with Eibach?

I have some brand new ones with the most updated part numbers. The front is totally silent, but the rears are squeaking every once in a while. Not bad - 1/10 noises. You have to listen for them. Just wondering if it’s expected?

they were installed at a tesla shop that does suspensions all day, so I don’t think it was installer error.